Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2018, 18:05   #1

Boat: 50' Ligure power cat
Re: Air Conditioning via Solar Panels

Have a look at Eniquest. Australian. We're seriously thinking of their 16kW one.
bluenomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 20:53   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenomads View Post
Have a look at Eniquest. Australian. We're seriously thinking of their 16kW one.
I didn't see a 16 kW Marine generator on their website. I found this, at 6 kW:

https://www.eniquest.com.au/diesel-g...ator-6-0kw-48v

I have no experience with them, but Polar Power makes quite impressive promises for marine DC generators, using Volvo Penta engines hooked to their PM generator:

https://polarpower.com/marine-dc-generators/
saghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 21:20   #3

Boat: FreeFlow 50 cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by saghost View Post

I have no experience with them, but Polar Power makes quite impressive promises for marine DC generators, using Volvo Penta engines hooked to their PM generator:

https://polarpower.com/marine-dc-generators/
The Eniquest PowerMaker Marine Cruise 16kW 48V DC genset is not listed on their website. It is based on a Yanmar 3YM30AE and is milspec in performance and design, meaning it has amazing up-time reputation. They sell mostly to the military, telco, and industries that need generators operating in harsh and remote conditions that need high reliability & up-time. I got ours after I met a guy who is involved in procurement for Oz military and he was telling me how reliable they are. Also other cruisers who said it was the best piece of kit on their boat, which you tend not to hear too much about other brands....

Eniquest do all their own design and engineering on the electrical side, do their own windings to very high spec, etc. An impressive company, and very helpful to us.

There has been more demand for the 16kW recently with the uptake of EP in Australia so the 16kW is becoming more popular. It puts out a true 15kW at full operating temperature running at 1,800 rpm. We got one of the early ones, it's seriously good.
BigBeakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 00:17   #4

Boat: CT 49, 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeakie View Post
The Eniquest PowerMaker Marine Cruise 16kW 48V DC genset is not listed on their website. It is based on a Yanmar 3YM30AE and is milspec in performance and design, meaning it has amazing up-time reputation. They sell mostly to the military, telco, and industries that need generators operating in harsh and remote conditions that need high reliability & up-time. I got ours after I met a guy who is involved in procurement for Oz military and he was telling me how reliable they are. Also other cruisers who said it was the best piece of kit on their boat, which you tend not to hear too much about other brands....

Eniquest do all their own design and engineering on the electrical side, do their own windings to very high spec, etc. An impressive company, and very helpful to us.

There has been more demand for the 16kW recently with the uptake of EP in Australia so the 16kW is becoming more popular. It puts out a true 15kW at full operating temperature running at 1,800 rpm. We got one of the early ones, it's seriously good.
Hmm interesting.

I wasnt aware of these guys previously. Coincidently I've recently put my own version of pretty much the same thing. Basically a 2YM15 with a brushless 11kW 28VDC aternator.

I see their 6kW DC gen is pretty much the same thing Yanmar eng etc. I see they are selling theirs for $13,883 AUD.

I have almost spent that much with a new motor and especially a custom drive adaption.

Now I know how to do it if I ever did another one I could do it significantly cheaper.

I have got all the bits together for mine but still in the midst of a refit so havent operated it yet.

Its encouraging to hear that others seem happy with them and they seem to perform well.
Q Xopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 21:24   #5

Boat: 50' Ligure power cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by saghost View Post

Hmm - try here. They do custom as well, so I would presume even if they don't advertise them anymore, they can still build them.
bluenomads is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioning, panels, solar, solar panels