Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2017, 10:15   #16

Re: 0% SOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelex 77 View Post
Thanks for the link.

This system is based on voltage rather than SOC. It might do what the OP wants, but a system based on SOC is going to be more accurate.

I suspect the Mastervolt system could be set to disconnect on both SOC and voltage if desired.

The Mastervolt system is very sophisticated and yet quite simple with a plug and play capability. The components are expensive, but considering the capabilities not outrageously so with the exception of the batteries.

I think a hybrid lithium system using the Masterbus system with generic lithium batteries could work well, but it needs some more investigation.
Thank you again for your help noelex77. So the system has this mastervolt charge controller (MPPT Solar ChargeMaster 25 - PDF) but when i switch the battery mode to 5(Mastervolt MLi battery setting) the estimated SOC icon on the screen disappears. Tried contacting mastervolt but they dont have a customer service branch. Any ideas? Thanks again so much!
ruples is offline   Reply With Quote