Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 10:49   #466

Boat: Lagoon 400
Don,

I can't say the delivery date is "confirmed" in any guaranteed sense. Originally, I was told that #66 would be 'the first boat off the line in July' then it was 'sometime in September' and now it's 'sometime in October.' Given the fact that I'm leaving my job to take this "sabbatical at sea" with my family, the uncertainty is somewhat of a problem. But I can't make the factory produce the boats any faster, so I'll just have to play it by ear.

If there are any 420 buyers out there who are expecting delivery earlier than October but want to trade places and take delivery later in '07, let me know.

Charlie
cjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 13:15   #467

Boat: Lagoon 420-41'4" Martha R
Charlie,

I too opted for only the gennaker rig and pole, and will have the sail constrtucted at Doyle Sails, right above TMM. How handy! He said they will measure for the sail once the boat arrives in Tortola.

I was amazed at the price of $3743 for this option, as I could not even buy an extra winch, and the roller furler for that price, let alone the bow sprit and extra blocks. This is the only option I could see that wasn't way overpriced. My Quote on the sail from Doyle was less than 1/2 of the Lagoon sail price.

Did you guys see the double head sail arrangement on the 395 privilege that was posted on a different thread? I think you could use your genoa, and gennaker in a similar fashion, just don't let out all the gennaker, and balance what you do let out to your genoa let out on the other side.

Fair Sailing _(\_
Quiet Riot 420
Quiet Riot 420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 13:40   #468

Boat: Lagoon 420
Quiet Riot - have you got your boat yet?
Old 01-02-2007, 14:19   #469

Steve,

The short answer is no, but my last whisper date was Valentines days. I have an e-mail in to Nick with some further questions, and whether there would be demo sails after the Miami boat show. I also asked him whether Dave Tether or another techie would be at the show to answer questions.
This was late yesterday, and he might be at the Chicago boat show, and too busy to respond.

Quiet Riot 420
Old 01-02-2007, 15:15   #470

2 weeks to go. Exciting stuff. We need to make a decision soon about flights down to the Caribbean so news on your delivery is going to be a good data point for us.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:16   #471

Boat: R&C Electric Leopard 43
New R&C Electric Leopards discussion

Hi, Guys, my name is Tony West. I'm new to Cruisers Forum, but immediately noticed how much interest there is on the Electric Drives and Lagoon 420 forums.

Thought you might be interested to read about my boat, the first Electric Leopard made by Robertson & Caine, so I set up a R&C Electric Leopards discussion, which you'll find under Multihull Sailboats.

I know it's not an L420, but you might find the comparison interesting, as it uses a different technical approach.

I'll post more next week,

Tony West
TonyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:34   #472

Does anybody know what type of glass Lagoon uses for its door and windows?
I hope at least tempered and laminated would be better.
Old 05-02-2007, 18:15   #473

Windows

I would suspect they are laminated. However I read the spec sheet and it does not list what they are one way or another. I know the windows on the Voyage 440 are laminated and suspect for Europe EEC certification it is a requirement. The Voyage is an EEC certified boat. With the Vertical design of the windows on the Lagoon I don't think they would go with another option however a Lagoon 50 being delivered had several windows blow out in a 50 MPH wind last year. Hopefully that was a construction mistake since the boat was brand new. I caused a lot of damage to the boat from salt water.
sailvi767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 00:46   #474

windows

On every Lagoon I have been on the windows are plastic (or 'a plastic' not sure which one). I am sure th 420 is no different
Moby Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:34   #475

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Dick
On every Lagoon I have been on the windows are plastic (or 'a plastic' not sure which one). I am sure th 420 is no different
Lagoon reckon their boat's are built to Bureau Veritas and Lloyds survey.

In Australia these vessels are accepted into charter so I would assume that they pass OZ survey requirments as well.

Over here survey vessels are required to have Toughened Glass window's.

Way to heavy for me

But i'm sure an email or phonecall will give the answer.

Dave
Old 19-02-2007, 11:32   #476

From what I heard Lagoon has announced to change the enteriour-design. It will be more than awful: BLACK (!!!) floor.... and a different colour of the wood... We have no clue what made them change the design.

We are pretty disappointed and hope that they will still deliver the "old" design.

We are close to cancel our contract.

Any news about the technical difficulties?
Don K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 11:39   #477

Where did you hear this?
Old 19-02-2007, 12:09   #478

Interior Changes

This seems odd,

I haven't heard from my dealer of any changes and are not too concerned about this. Why would they change the floor to black?

Relax and wait, your 420 will be beautiful

John
pruim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 14:34   #479

I hope the upload worked. Sure, you agree that this is entire CRAP!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	420NewDesign.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	897  
Old 19-02-2007, 14:53   #480

To be honest, we are getting pretty upset about the factory (or our dealer?). If you sum it up: They asked us to put a significant deposit down to place our order for a boat not even existent. They did NOT bother to inform us about the technical probs they had - it was THIS forum that revealed those problems. They have up to now not given us any definitive date of delivery nor does anyone really know whether the technical problems have really been resolved. And finally they come up with the information, that the interior design will be changed - without giving any reason for this nor asking us beforehand whether we want this change (which we definitively don't).
Since we are talking about customer-relation with some money involved, is this the way I want to be treated like as a customer? Definitively NOT.

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 420