Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2018, 07:11   #1

Boat: Lagoon 420
Is a header support needed to remove washer?

Hi all,

I am trying to remove a malfunctioning Candy washing machine from my Lagoon 420. The washer is located in the owner's head.

There is a panel next to the owner's head doorway that appears to be the right size necessary to get the washer in/out.

I am having great difficulty prying this panel out as shown on the picture.

I wonder if I need to jack up a support on the door header in order to relieve the load on this removable panel. The boat may have shifted some and that panel only moves with extreme prying and pounding.

Does anyone have experience getting this out?

Thanks!

RobClick image for larger version

Name:	<a title=boat 178.jpg Views: 103 Size: 403.8 KB ID: 167733" style="margin: 2px" />
psychfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:42   #2

Boat: Lagoon 420
Re: Is a header support needed to remove washer?

Tis painful until you get the idea. Panel was put in with boat on its keels. You are (as I) trying to do it with boat in water - different. On mine, there was a slight bevel at the bottom of the panel (in or out I don't remember). remove the door frame and door for working room (some big screws, easy), put hydraulic jack with 2x4 to frame and base next to panel, nudge up ever so slightly since you are trying to spread a solid sheet of plywood - too much and you will break the panel. Then some firm raps at the bottom 0f the panel and it pops out (or maybe the top - who knows how the workpeople at lagoon actually installed the bevel edge). Since there is a bevel, one direction will move whereas the other won't. Inspecting with the door frame off should tell you. I believe I pounded to the aft of the boat but no guarantees. No I didn't need a header. Installed washer, did the slight spread again and couldn't get panel back in. I was afraid to apply too much pressure so I lightly sanded the beveled edge and in it went. Been locked in fine for 20k sea miles. Good luck.
Seaqul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
head