Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 20:03   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to floatingdoctors
Volunteer crew to re-fit for Panamanian based medical NGO

The Floating Doctors is a medical mission - a not for profit, volunteer based organisation. We have worked in Haiti twice, Honduras, and are currently based in Panama developing an ongoing operation here in preparation for a Haiti mission in 2014. Please visit our website at Floating Doctors to see what we do before contacting us, we can offer a place in a volunteer team devoted to improving the health of the local people in Panama, accommodation and a food allowance.

We have 2 sailing yachts, both are currently in re-fit. The larger vessel was used for Hati relief by Dr Ben and the team and is requiring major overhall, which we are progressing. The smaller sailing boat is a 55 ft ketch which was donated to us 1 year ago, its currently in the final stages of re-fit and we hope to have her back in operation in 2 months. We have several smaller power boats and RIBs' that we use frequently and access to a number of other power craft. An ability to drive all or any of these would be a benefit!

We are looking for people that are self starters, there are many challenges working here in Panama! We especially need engineers/mechanics, electricians, carpenters, general boat builders and boat handy folks to work with the team based in the marina with the re-fits.

We can offer accommodation on board at the marina, and a food allowance of $50 per week, Stipends are available for select volunteers based on skills. We definitely have our work cut out here, but the results will impact a lot of people that need help. We have opportunities to join the medical teams on clinics in the local areas - once a week.

We are not political or religious, just about medical and public health assistance. Its really a great team and the results here are very rewarding, we look forwards to hearing from you.

Fair winds
Old 04-06-2013, 01:53   #2

Re: Volunteer crew to re-fit for Panamanian based medical NGO

I can help boat building and local clinic can start sept Howard 6054680176 drhoward20@gmail.com
Old 08-06-2013, 15:08   #3

Are you still looking for crew I can be available
Old 10-06-2013, 08:01   #4
jhg

I am interested in your group. Skills include all aspects of vessel systems and operation. I know that is a sweeping statement, but over 30 yrs experience sailing, building, refitting over 50 vessels. I currently own a 37ft Condor which may be brought into service for your group.
Thanks,
John
jhg555@gmx.com
Old 11-06-2013, 13:52   #5

Hey there.

I'm interested in helping refit the boats. Worked in La Paz Mexico in Feb. refitting a 40ft cutter. I am currently in Utila Honduras, but have full mobility.

You can reach me at vamosarecrear@gmail.com
I look forward to our correspondance.
Brian Starnes

Tags
crew, medical