Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 10:23   #1

Boat: Hylas 49
URGENT: Hawaii to Glaciear Bay, Alaska May 26th Aboard Hylas 49 - seeking 3rd Crew

We recently had a crew member back out for family reasons, and we are seeking a 3rd crewmember with ocean experience to sail Terrapin Flyer from Kauai to Glacier Bay, Alaska on or about May 26th. Terrapin Flyer is a 1999 Hylas 49 bluewater cruising sailboat with offshore safety gear including 6 person liferaft, modern electronics including Satphone, EIPRB, HF radio, dual independent autopilots and chart plotters, and creature comforts like 3 staterooms, 2 heads, lots of refrigeration.

We are seeking a 3rd crewmember with offshore sailing experience. I have been skippering keelboats for 20 years since I was a freshman engineering student at UC Irvine, and I am an Alumni member of the sailing association to this day. I taught sailing for Convair sailing club. In the last 18 months I have sailed the boat from San Diego to Mexico to Tahiti to Hawaii with all volunteer crew. The 1st mate is a head chef and river guide.

You'd be expected to pay your own airfare unless you are licensed delivery captain with excellent references. I will cover on board expenses including fuel, marinas and provisions for the passage.

I will be driving from San Diego to the Bay Area thursday 5/12, and I'd be able to meet along the way or in the Bay through the weekend.

Alex Viterbi
Captain S/V Terrapin Flyer

Tags
alaska, crew, hawaii, Hylas