Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2016, 22:29   #1

To Oregon via PR, Virgins, St Martin, St Kitts, Panama, Hawaii (join us all or part)

We have one position open immediately, but still please respond if you could join us anytime up to mid-Feb. The boat is currently in Puerto Rico.

You should have an easy-going personality and be a team player. You should be reasonably to very experienced in coastal or offshore sailing. Experience in marine electronics and electrical systems and/or in maintaining diesels is also HIGHLY desirable. (We are well equipped and have two 3GM30F's w/ only ~1750 hours, but it's a long trip so we'd prefer someone with skills)

This is a family friendly boat, a couple or a person with a child are welcome providing you fit in one cabin (double bed plus single berth if needed.)

Food is provided and we are not asking for any contribution toward boat expenses; you would only be responsible for your transportation, fees, and incidentals. Everyone shares watches, chores and maintenance to the best of their abilities.

The ship is a comfortable Shuttleworth 43 catamaran, beautiful and sound inside and out and well equipped: new Radar, new AIS transceiver, Sat Phone & Data, mostly new rigging, new sails on order, plenty of new safety gear, etc.

From Puerto Rico, we'll island hop: Culebra, USVI and/or BVI, St Kitts, (and if time allows, points South, W to Cartagena, San Blas), and then the Panama Canal, Hawaii and Oregon. (not all stops guaranteed, and others may be added).

This isn't a fast delivery, we're trying to enjoy the islands and have fun while observing appropriate weather windows and currents/winds.

Taunya, the master, is liberal in mindset and has her 16 and 9 year old daughters with her. Unfortunately I, Rusty, have to stay home and work (we'll be starting our real cruising life when I retire in 3 years.) Taunya has have been building up experience over the last few years, including an intensive course through Sea Semester that included 4 weeks on the water in passage from St. Croix to Bermuda and Bermuda to NYC on a 135' Brigantine tall ship. During that time she covered approximately ASA 101 - 108 equivalent with a mate hanging over her shoulder and giving her advice. There is two other experienced crew members on board, but we would like a another to share the load and fun.

If you are interested in coming along for some or all of the voyage, tell us about your experience and skills.
Please contact me directly at: rgesner at gmail dot com.
Old 08-01-2016, 19:29   #2

Re: To Oregon via PR, Virgins, St Martin, St Kitts, Panama, Hawaii (join us all or pa

Hi, Rusty! Anna here, I just sent you an email to rgesner@gmail.com; I'm available now and am looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 13-01-2016, 13:59   #3

Boat: Other Peoples Boats :0)
Re: To Oregon via PR, Virgins, St Martin, St Kitts, Panama, Hawaii (join us all or pa

Hello Rusty,
I will e-mail you~I am interested in the leg to Oregon.
Happy Sailing!
Susan
Old 15-01-2016, 12:28   #4

Hello, Am experienced coastal sailor of many years who can cook, crew and manage the helm. Would love to meet in Puerto Rico and spend two weeks getting you off to a good start. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.
John Gordon, M.D.
Old 17-01-2016, 13:52   #5

If you are open to a male without much diesel experience let me know, may be interested and would have some questions.

Thanks!
Old 17-01-2016, 20:21   #6

PMs sent.
Old 21-01-2016, 22:34   #7

Update: the boat is now at St John Island in the USVI, heading to BVI next.
Beautiful there
See post 1 of thread for details if interested in joining.
Old 22-01-2016, 09:09   #8

Hello,

The message I received earlier said you had all the crew you wanted. If that is different now please let me know. Thanks.

All the best,

John Gordon
Old 22-01-2016, 19:39   #9

Hi John,

At that time, you wanted to join us in Puerto Rico and only for two weeks, but the boat had just left PR and we did have all the crew we needed for a few weeks.
However, the guy who joined us in PR unexpectedly had to return to his family when their heat went out in advance of the impending blizzard.

So we again have an immediate spot, and we are also looking for future portions unless we find someone for the entire rest of the long voyage.

The boat is now in the BVI.

Thanks - Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by doclisner View Post
Hello,

The message I received earlier said you had all the crew you wanted. If that is different now please let me know. Thanks.

All the best,

John Gordon
Old 31-01-2016, 15:54   #10

Posted updated listing here:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2032395

Tags
hawaii, oregon, Panama, St Kitts, St Martin