Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-10-2014, 15:39   #1
pix

Searching- Crew position

I have just recently graduated college and am looking for a seaward adventure. I am 23 years old with little experience in sailing. However, I have loads of experience with adventure and extreme sports. I grew up sailing a small sunfish on a local lake and have one experience sailing a 38' with boy scouts back in high school on the Chesapeake. I currently enjoy rock climbing, backpacking, and whitewater kayaking. Putting all of that aside, I believe the most important piece of the adventure is the company you embark upon it with. I would say I am a very personable individual and can get along with just about anyone. I am a very hard worker and love a challenge. Let me know if you have a spot in your crew for an individual like myself.

Cheers,
Ross Pixley
Old 23-10-2014, 10:50   #2

Re: Searching- Crew position

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix View Post
I have just recently graduated college and am looking for a seaward adventure. I am 23 years old with little experience in sailing. However, I have loads of experience with adventure and extreme sports. I grew up sailing a small sunfish on a local lake and have one experience sailing a 38' with boy scouts back in high school on the Chesapeake. I currently enjoy rock climbing, backpacking, and whitewater kayaking. Putting all of that aside, I believe the most important piece of the adventure is the company you embark upon it with. I would say I am a very personable individual and can get along with just about anyone. I am a very hard worker and love a challenge. Let me know if you have a spot in your crew for an individual like myself.

Cheers,
Ross Pixley
HI Pix, I will probably have a short notice delivery starting early November Norfolk to St Thomas on an Island Packet 42. Onboard expenses covered, and presuming satisfactory performance, could pay for airfare St Thomas to the east coast on completion. Probably about 12 - 15 days, including prep & voyage. Let me know if that is of interest, and some reference I could call or email about you. Include too, a phone number to contact you.
Thanks, capnjack.morton@gmail.com
Old 23-10-2014, 13:24   #3
pix

Hello,

My name is Ross Pixley and I'm extremely interested in this offer. I want to hear more but if you have a book or information that you would like me to read up on just let me know. You will find that I am a very driven individual and learn quickly. I appreciate your interest and look forward to hearing from you.

For some reason I am unable to send anything to your email address. I'll send you a pm with my contact info.

Respectfully,
Ross

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 23-10-2014, 13:56   #4

to Ross, and anyone else interested in joining delivery Norfolk to St Thomas on an Island Packet 42 in early November- hotbunking - onboard expense covered, and presuming satisfactory performance, return airfare from St Thomas to east coast. Experience a plus, but less important than cheerful enthusiasm and willingness to work and learn day & night. - email is good - give it another try - capnjack.morton@gmail.com Respond with brief summary of experience, reference contacts, and your contact numbers and email.

Tags
arc, crew