Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 08:21   #1

Boat: Allied Seawind 30
Sailing down the east coast - Baltimore to Florida - Start October 23rd

Hello! I posted a similar ad earlier this year, and the boat is now in Baltimore, ready to continue the trip later this month!

I am the owner of a 30' Allied Seawind ketch (pic attached) and would like a hand taking her south this fall. I have spent the past year refitting and upgrading her to be the seaworthy vessel to make this trip. Please see my experience in my profile.

Although preferred, experience is not necessary, just a willingness to learn and follow direction. We will start in Baltimore, MD on October 23rd, then sail down to Norfolk, VA. From there we will motor for a few days on the ICW before heading back out into the Atlantic and shooting for Florida. We will most always be within sight of land, not push ourselves or the boat too hard, and sail to the weather, not a schedule! You (and maybe a friend or two) would be more than welcome to join for any part of the trip. I will pay all boat expenses such as fuel, repairs, any dock/mooring fees, etc, I only ask that we split food costs equally.

Please send me a message if you are interested in joining or have any questions, thanks!
Old 07-10-2013, 14:02   #2

Boat: C & C 32' 1984
Re: Sailing down the east coast - Baltimore to Florida - Start October 23rd

Hi, interested in trip, I was planning to do same thing from Greenport, NY to Keys on my 32' C&C, but unable to complete work in time.This would be ideal in that I am looking for experience and hope to do same trip next year.
I am 65 yy, male, willing to share food expenses not a bad cook depending on type of food you like. I have single hand coastal experience, can perform engine maintenance, mechanicals and electronics. Experience with Yanmars and Raymarine but am quick learner if you have manuals.
In terested in further details such as duration and final destination. My cell # is 631-949-4306, email johnpcharles1@gmail.com
Old 07-10-2013, 19:28   #3

You still looking for crew
Old 07-10-2013, 21:54   #4

Boat: Searay, runabout, 21'

Hey Sailor Keddy,
I'm interested in joining you for approximately four to seven days of your trip. My schedule is completely flexible except Oct. 26. If possible I would like to join you anywhere from Morehead City NC south through Georgia. Living near Charlotte NC I've been to most of the cities along the coast of NC and SC and have traveled the ICW from Wilmington NC to Charleston SC. I'm comfortable handling my 21' runabout and can handle a 14' and 16' Hobie Cat but do not have experience on larger boats. Inside the ICW or outside are both good with me. If you have space anytime along your trip I would like to join you. If interested please contact me at abwhitley@carolina.rr.com or call 704 791 2710.
Thank you,
Bobby
Old 08-10-2013, 01:53   #5

Still interested.
Old 08-10-2013, 19:44   #6

Hey I'm interested, be helpful. See my family in Maryland and gain experience on board. I'm from Colorado and looking for some adventure, I'm physically fit, not afraid of hard work. I used to live in costal Massachusetts and been on the ocean, looking to get some time on the water.
Old 08-10-2013, 23:09   #7

Ahoy!

I'm very interested if you are still in need of crew. I am a pretty new sailing, just learnt this season but I have been out on the water consistently since may. Learnt on albacores, helmed in a few regattas. I closed out the final 3 months of the season crewing on an 8 meter out of the RCYC on the tuesday night race series. Drop me a line if you are interested and still need crew and we can discuss it further.

Thanks,
KGene
Old 13-10-2013, 09:13   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to Ctmlupi RYA

Hi, if you are still looking for crew, I would be happy to join you for this nice journey.
I am ernesto, 42 yo and... About my experience: I grow up in the Mediterranean Sea and I have little experience in the ocean. I have RYA Yachtmaster offshore cert.,
I have no problem of time. I left my work, so I am full of time
Other... I love sail, I know how to do good pasta and real espresso.
Hoping you are still looking for crew, excuse my bad English grammar and I hope to read you in my email (ernesto dot giancotti hat gmail com) or by this wonderful site.
Something more about me in my profile.
See you
Ciao

Tags
baltimore, east coast, florida, sail, sailing