Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2014, 02:10   #1

Reliable race crew wanted Sydney Farr 40.

Probably should post this in sailing anarchy but I don't go there much.

I crew on a Farr 40 out of Pittwater. We race inshore and offshore in summer and do some regattas and passage races. The atmosphere on the boat is respectful, fun and we take our racing fairly seriously. There is no yelling or screaming on this boat well at least not in anger. No swearing either except if you are bowmonkey, but no swearing directed at other crew members. There is no drinking while racing (anymore) but a social drink after racing is usually on the cards either on the boat or back at the club.

We are looking for crew who can comit to regular attendance and are reasonably fit. Ideally we need a competent pit person as this is a weak link on this boat. If you know how to use a topping lift or you think you could learn how to that would be ideal, and managing halyards etc. The guy who does the pit atm still hasn't figured it out after four years. Last weekend he dropped the pole hard on my head and I almost blacked out, today I experienced some blurred vision in my left eye. I don't trust him and I want him out of the pit asap, he can do something else that doesn't involve my wellbeing.

You don't nessasarily need experience although that would be great. Male or female. A younger person could be good, I am 47 and am the second youngest on the boat.

Tags
crew, crew wanted, race, sydney, wanted