Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-04-2015, 15:52   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Wild Cherry
Naples Italy to Croatia

I would like to sail my 50 ft sailing yacht to Croatia, departing from Salerno Amalfi Coast area sometime in August 2015. Need 1 or 2 responsible crew to join me. It would be a leisurely cruise along the Italian coast and across to Montenegro and Croatia - probably about two weeks. Contribute towards costs. No precise dates yet but I would like to open discussions with interested parties.
Old 21-04-2015, 06:02   #2

Re: Naples Italy to Croatia

Seems a nice route, if you do not plan many stops two weeks should be enough.
Let's keep in touch
Old 21-04-2015, 06:13   #3
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

Yep thats a nice route and timeframe, although a little longer would be nice , great opportunity for crew! Good luck.
Old 21-04-2015, 08:31   #4

Hello!

I am in my mid 20s looking to crew this summer in the Med to work up my sea time for a captains license. I have about 10+ years of sailing experience in the USA and currently a basic keelboat instructor. I would love to join you in August if the position is still available! I am looking to travel to Boston on August 21st to finally do my yoga teacher's certification but I would love to squeeze in this trip!
I am a diligent worker when things need to be done and also know how to relax! I speak English, Spanish, and French, can dance salsa relatively well and love a good laugh.
Please let me know how much to budget for costs and what potential stops we shall be making.

Fair winds,

Gab
Old 21-04-2015, 08:41   #5

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Wild Cherry

You are right - actually I have plenty of time and 2 weeks would probably feel like a delivery sail. I plan to cruise the Tyrrhenian Sea around Naples from June to August and then to Croatia for winter haul out and ready for next year.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:11   #6

Hi Wild Cherry,

From what I've been told it's a beautiful part of the world to sail through. And with August weather to boot it sounds perfect.

I hold my RYA Day Skipper licence and also Power Boat Level 2. I'm an Englishman living in Barcelona for over 5 years now so I am speak Spanish confidently. I'm currently looking to accrue miles to count towards my Yacht Master.

I'm an observant sailor and like to prevent potential problems before they arise. I come from an engineering background and so like to get things right first time, the measure twice, cut once type approach. Always happy to muck in and do my fair share of the work. I'd love to offer my services and crew on your boat. I can send your my full CV with references if you'd like.

Hope to speak to you soon,

James

Tags
Croatia, Italy