Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-03-2013, 12:34   #1

Marquesas Onward

Hello all,

I'm writing this in expectation of making it eventually to the Marquesas. I'm here in the Panama Canal meeting great people, but my original plan of crewing a boat all the way to New Zealand seems more and more untenable. Therefore, I post this with the hope that some boat captain out there will see it and want to take on crew for the short crossings in French Polynesia.

Obviously I will be talking with boat captains anyway once I'm there, but in the off chance anyone reads this and will need or want crew by that time, do email me.

I am 26 years old, from Chicago, and with several short passages to my name, plus the experience between here (Panama) and FR Poly by the time I might be of interest to you. I will have already entered the country and posted my bond so there's no worries there. I'm very reliable, trustworthy, and I'm a hard worker, taking orders and suggestions always with a determined resolve.

I have a very low budget, and I will need what money is left to me in order to survive in New Zealand as I try to get my way across to Australia (to work, hopefully), so I cannot contribute to cost-sharing vessels. I can handle my own food for a reasonable and realistic daily contribution.

Anyway, check me out on couchsurfing (CEEGE), or my website (velabas.com). I have great references from captains with whom I've crewed. Take care!

Chael

contact me only at chael777 at gmail.com

Tags
marquesas