Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2007, 13:25   #1

LEOPARD 46 OCEAN PASSAGE MARCH2008

Hey everyone!
That is it, we have done it! After spending a year looking,comparing studying catamarans we finaly made our choice and not only choose a cat but we decided on a new one. Scheduled launche by Robertson caine is 28 of febuary 08 in Cape Town South Africa. As I have a good sail experience I have decided to make the passage from S.A. to Bresil in March aboard our new cat.I will be in S.A. for the launch and sea trials.
I need a Certified Skipper and crew of 1 or 2 additionals peoples.We are french Canadians,We have lived by the water most of our lifes,we are totaly fit as we do a lot of sport. We are searching easygoing but sharp hands!
Any Ideas?????
Thanks!
P.s. We means me (Robert)and my long time buddy Marc who is incidently hetero .... so you know! HA!HA!HA!
Robert D.
Old 29-08-2007, 13:12   #2

Hi, sounds like you got yourself a nice boat

You say you are looking for a captain and two crew, are these paying positions or are you just looking for people to join you on the journey, If its a paying position where do you want to take the boat or is Brazil the final destination. I may be interested and i've got plenty of experiece, i'm an south african but been a charter and delivery captain for the last 5 years in the caribbean.

thanks
Pieter
Old 30-08-2007, 04:56   #3

Try Reliance Yacht Management in England. Reliance Yacht Management. They have delivered many of the Leopards out of Cape Town and have some great catarmaran captains. CD
Old 13-09-2007, 14:59   #4

salut,

je me permets de passer au francais.. je suis un etudiant francais de 23 ans et je prends une annee pour voayger avant de reprendre mes cheres etudes. je suis a la recherche d`occasions de naviguer et je suis donc tres interesse par votre message.. Pourriez vous m`en dire plus, en particulier quel type de "crew" recherchez-vous? pour ma part j`ai un peu d`experience de voile, j`ai fait pas mal de stages (aux Glenans si vous connaissez) et j`ai navigue un peu en Bretagne, mais pas de transatlantique pour l`instant. Donc essentiellement ce que j`aurais c`est des bras et de l`ardeur a la tache, pour ca pas de probleme..

Merci d`avance pour votre reponse!

joachim

joachim_jarreau (at) yahoo.fr
Old 21-09-2007, 12:21   #5

Hey!
Sorry if i did not answer sooner....
I am looking for an experience certified skiper,this one and only this one is a paid position.Amount and details to be determine.
If you are a certified ocean passage skiper it would be wise to send me as much detail about yourself and references if any.Thanks! Robert
P.s. Launch date estimate is march1 2008 .EDOD FOR OCEAN PASSAGE IS AROUND MID MARCH.E
Old 20-10-2007, 00:34   #6

Boat: MonkCraft 18' Skin on Frame kayak - "Pigtail"
Crew

Hello,

I would be interested in crewing. When do you plan to depart? When/where exactly do you intend to end up? Will you be able to cover airfare? I can volunteer if airfare to/from is provided.

Cheers,

Lodru
Old 29-12-2007, 21:11   #7

Send a message via MSN to cruisincanucks Send a message via Yahoo to cruisincanucks Send a message via Skype™ to cruisincanucks
Please consider my resume for the position. I am canadian as well. send your email to cruisincanucks@yahoo.ca and I will send you all my details.
check out cruisincanucks.com for recent travels and experience.
Old 21-01-2008, 21:23   #8

Send a message via MSN to ArmandoFor Send a message via Skype™ to ArmandoFor
It´s looks an interesting chance to see what catamarans do on the blue waters...

What cities you go in Brazil? I live in Brazil, I´m free in middle mach and have offshore experience. What about one-way airticket?

Armando armandofonte@hotmail.com

Tags
arc, leopard, leopard 46