Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-07-2014, 09:48   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 440
Galveston to Guatemala via Tampa, KW, Cozumel

Crew wanted: Sailing from Galveston to Guatemala. Leaving July 29, 30, or 31st. Arriving in the Rio Dolce around the end of August. The route is Galveston to Florida to Cozumel to Guatemala.

Stops along the way possible and can happen if you can't carry onto the next leg. (Pensacola, Tampa, Key West, Isla Mujeres, Cancun, etc.) Once we reach the Yucatán Peninsula we may slow down considerably to cruise the coast of Belize.

I'm 31 year old male and my baby is a 22 year young Beneteau Oceanis 440 sloop rigged sailboat. She has one full aft cabin available for two, an aft equipment room that can sleep one, and two spaces on the saloona couch. I’m looking for at least two more crew. I am not covering transportation costs, but will cover meals while on board.

Safety: usual stuff plus RIB on davits, life raft, epirb, SSB w/ data, water maker, spare sails, all lines run to cockpit, ability to nearly fully enclose cockpit, wind turbine, in-mast furling, and a safety whistle.

Nice things: generator, forward and aft A/C, electric water heater, that, and I'm good at catching fish under sail.

Any age, any sex, and a little bit of experience (or more) welcomed, but be expected to work, learn, and hold your watches. Severe seasickness is a no go. You must be able to swim and have great flexibility in dates.

The VERY rough route is (if everything is perfect and we don't make extra stops, andddd no hurricanes) 2 weeks, most likely 3 to 4. Five days from Galveston to Tampa, two days from Tampa to Key West, three days from Key West to Cozumel, and three days from Cozumel to Guatamala’s Rio Dolce.

Private message me if you are seriously considering and would like to know more.

A little more about me from my CS profile: https://www.couchsurfing.org/people/reverendstone/

Tags
Guatemala