Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-09-2013, 12:36   #1

Boat: 44' Nova Heritage East
Florida to Venezuela

I am in the process of purchasing a Nova Heritage East and will be motoring to Florida then on through the Carribian islands to Venezuela. I am looking for a person or couple that may be interested in joining me and my wife that can pay for all there expenses and half the boat expenses not to include maintenance . I am 47 and my wife is 36 . From Texas to Florida My wife will not be aboard but she will join in Florida or at worse in Dominican Republic. We are very easy going people that love adventure we don't smoke and are light drinkers. I have almost 10 years power boat experience on a 26 foot Bayliner. And almost one year experience solo sailing. I will be looking into taking my 6 pack course in Florida before heading out. We are looking for like minded person or couple. We are in no rush and want to enjoy the trip but we don't want to spend weeks in any one spot weather permitting. If you have a serious interest please contact me. The plan as of yet will be to head out of Texas to Miami end of Oct. beginning of Nov. will be in Miami for aprox a month to get license and provisions. We are willing to hook up with any other boats heading south ad well just let us know.
Old 02-10-2013, 15:32   #2

Boat: 44' Nova Heritage East
Re: bahamas bound Nov. out of NC

Well we are suppose to finalize all papers on the boat on the 17th here in Freeport. I will be leaving from Freeport by the end of the month heading to Miami. We will be in Miami for aprox a month provisioning and I won't to get my six pack license. So buy the end of Nov. the plan is to be provisioned and heeding. South. There is no set stops so when we see a place we wanna explore for a few days or need fuel or provisions. My wife will be joining in Florida or at Dominican Republic. I have a good friend in the Dominic republic so I wanted to visit him for at least a week. The deal is this we have the forward cabin it can realistically sleep up to 6 close people haha well it has a single bunk a small double bunk and a large double bunk. The only way I would put 6 people is if they are family or very close friends so realistically it's a four person cabin and it has its own head. This is what I am going to do. I am going to pay all bot maintenance and half the fuel. If someone wants. Private cabin they pay the other half of the fuel and 15.00 a day for there food (beer or other you buy separately ) and your cost entering and exiting ports,entertainment,medical,personal expense.if you don't ont the cabin private we can add other people that wil split the 50 % of the fuel. The expenses for each person will remain the same. We look at it this way there are two cabins we get one and will be sharing the rest of the boat so we pay 50 % of the fuel the other cabin pays the other 50%. We own the boat so I pay maintenance and parts its my boat and my responsibility. I figure each other person helps pay for the use of these things and there where and tear by helping with cleaning and doing there watches. We are not out to make money of anyone. I can use extra eyes and a trip is more fun with good people to enjoy it with. I figure I am in the position to get the boat and I don't mind helping someone get to have a great adventure but I they have to be able to pay the costs. If this is something your interested in and feel you can do let me know send a photo and something about yourself a nice story let me know when you would be interested in joining and how far you would like to go. And I will pick from there. If you want o know more about me and my wife pm me I will give my personal email. Ay time after the 17th people can start joining the boat