Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-07-2012, 07:48   #1

Boat: Cal-Jensen 34 w Yanmar 3
Send a message via Skype™ to sonAdmiralson
exp crew needed soon for Fl- Bahamas Vacation

We had a last minute cancellatioin due to a car accident in a thunderstorm, and need one or two crew to sail from either the stuart florida area or the Panama city florida area, depending on the wind. THe boat is an air conditioned 33 footer with lots of fishing and dving gear on board. As of now we are two younger couples, but we need at least one more experienced sailor on board to assist watches. Can pay return ticket to fl. and other expenses neg.
This will be a relaxed vacation in a shoal draft boat to explore all the quiet areas of the islands, with a flexible schedule.
Old 17-07-2012, 08:38   #2

Re: exp crew needed soon for Fl- Bahamas Vacation

Hello my name is Erik Malka and i am interested in joining you on your cruise. I have experience working aboard two seperate sailing vessels, a 46ft Westsail and a 44ft cat. We sailed throughout South Florida and the U.S. and British Virgin Islands. I also have been sailing recreationally for most of my life growing up in South Florida. I am located in Ft. Lauderdale so i can easily provide my own transportation to the vessel. Please contact me ASAP as i am actively looking for a permanent deckhand position. I look forward to hearing from you.
Erik Malka
erik2malka@yahoo.com
+1 262 424 8351

I am also STCW'95 certified and i can email you my CV if you give me an address
Old 17-07-2012, 09:11   #3

Boat: csy 37

you didn't mention your destination, or length of cruise.

i know the tavana 33; that's a pretty small boat for five people....
Old 17-07-2012, 09:32   #4

Boat: private yacht always moving

why do u need 5 people for watches??????

if each person does a 4 hour watch, 4 people get 12 hours off after each watch. if you do 3 hour watches you get 9 hours off after each watch. you could even have 1 on-call person to assist with the sail changes if needed.
Old 19-07-2012, 08:42   #5

ATTENTION FL. BAREBOAT CHARTER CERT. CAPTAINS: FREE USE OF BOAT FOR 3 WEEKS

ATTENTION: FLORIDA BAREBOAT CHARTER CERTIFIED CAPTAINS WITH CREW; FREE use of nice seaworthy 33 foot yawl for 2/3 weeks!!! She is a shallow draft, swing keel (centerboard) boat, designed specifically for use in the islands, where you can pass through small inlets and anchor in private protected lagoons where full keel boats cannot. You can avoid the crowded anchorages. If you have ever wondered what its like to sail a classic mizzen masted boat this is it, from Port St. Joe Florida to the Bahamas, a journey of about a week.
I am a US citizen, however my fiance cannot get a US visa, so we need to meet you in Nassau. We have open tickets already purchased. You would pick up the boat in Port St Joe, Florida, sail down to Fort Meyers, motor sail through the Ockechobee Waterway to Stewart, and cross the Bimini Straight. You would be free to set your own schedule, and once arrived explore the Bahamas at your leisure for a period of time visting all the islands and fishing your dinner. The boat is loaded with snorkeling and exotic fishing gear. The galley has a new TFal frying pan and pressure cooker.
Mechanically, she has a newish (300 hrs) Yanmar 3YM30F, the latest, greatest fresh water cooled, economic and reliable 3 cyl. diesel engine out there. It only uses between 1/4 and 1/2 gallons/hour. She underwent a total refit in 2007 and has a porcelain Sea Traveler fresh water head, Origo swedish alcohol stove, newly packed stuffing box, new propshaft and prop, clean bottom, 12V fridge/freezer, and Mermaid central air conditioning. All interior wiring was redone, both 12 and 110V. There is a 1300 watt inverter on board. The mechanic who installed the engine is giving it a final checkover now and you can contact him regarding the general survey conditon of the boat. She holds 20 gallons of fresh drinkable water and 30 of fuel. The interior layout is set up for two or three people, one of the two bunks is only five foot and the other is about 5/10, however the forecabin is spacious and can accomadate two with ease, its more than 6/2 up there. If you know about boats, you know that Sea Traveller, Origo, Yanmar, and Mermaid are the state of the art equipment for cruising yachts today. Google the 33 Glander Tavana Yawl and you will find photos, specifications and history of the manufacture. Please contact me by private email or PM and we can discuss and exchange further terms and details. We are scheduling our departure in a month so we are ready to go on our honeymoon. thank you.
Old 19-07-2012, 08:53   #6

FL. BAREBOAT CHARTER CERT. CAPTAINS: FREE USE OF BOAT FOR 3 WEEKS

ATTENTION: FLORIDA BAREBOAT CHARTER CERTIFIED CAPTAINS WITH CREW; FREE use of nice seaworthy 33 foot yawl for 2/3 weeks!!! She is a shallow draft, swing keel (centerboard) boat, designed specifically for use in the islands, where you can pass through shallow inlets and anchor in private protected lagoons where full keel boats cannot. You can avoid the crowded anchorages. If you have ever wondered what its like to sail a classic mizzen masted boat this is it, from Port St. Joe Florida to the Bahamas, a journey of about a week.
I am a US citizen, however not only cannot my fiance get a US visa, she was recently mugged and refuses to travel alone. So we need to meet you in Nassau. We have open tickets already purchased. You would pick up the boat in Port St Joe, Florida, sail down to Fort Meyers, motor sail through the Ockechobee Waterway to Stewart, and cross the Bimini Straight. You would be free to set your own schedule, and once arrived explore the Bahamas at your leisure for a period of time visting all the islands and fishing your dinner. The boat is loaded with snorkeling and exotic fishing gear. The galley has a new TFal frying pan and pressure cooker.
Mechanically, she has a newish (300 hrs) Yanmar 3YM30F, the latest, greatest fresh water cooled, economic and reliable 3 cyl. diesel engine out there. It only uses between 1/4 and 1/2 gallon/hour. She underwent a total refit in 2007 and has a porcelain Sea Traveler fresh water head, Origo swedish alcohol stove, newly packed stuffing box, new propshaft and prop, clean bottom, 12V fridge/freezer, and Mermaid central air conditioning. All interior wiring was redone, both 12 and 110V. There is a 1300 watt inverter on board. The mechanic who installed the engine is giving it a final checkover now and you can contact him regarding the general survey conditon of the boat. She holds 20 gallons of fresh drinkable water and 30 of fuel. The interior layout is set up for two or three people, one of the two bunks is only five foot and the other is about 5/10, however the forecabin is spacious and can accomadate two with ease, its more than 6/2 up there. If you know about boats, you know that Sea Traveller, Origo, Yanmar, and Mermaid are the state of the art equipment for cruising yachts today. Google the 33 Glander Tavana Yawl (this one is hull 123, 1978, one of the last ones laid up) and you will find photos, specifications and history of the manufacture. Please contact me by private email or PM and we can discuss and exchange further terms and details. We are scheduling our departure in a month so we are ready. thank you.
Old 19-07-2012, 08:58   #7

Re: ATTENTION FL. BAREBOAT CHARTER CERT. CAPTAINS: FREE USE OF BOAT FOR 3 WEEKS

anybody want to buy a bridge?

Old 19-07-2012, 09:00   #8

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
Re: FL. BAREBOAT CHARTER CERT. CAPTAINS: FREE USE OF BOAT FOR 3 WEEKS

Why don't you sail the boat over yourself?
Old 19-07-2012, 10:26   #9

my fiance was recently mugged, and she doesnt want to travel alone. If you want to buy me a ticket from Lima-Miami-Tallahasse-Panama-Lima, and also reimburse me for my 1500 ticket already purchased for Lima-Nasau, I will gladly provide you with my bank wire instructions. I am eagerly awaiting your deposit of what would probably be around five thousand dollars. thanks
Old 19-07-2012, 13:00   #10

ok folks the quips are cute, but the terms of service for the website sort of discourage this type of comment, dont they? Ive been working on getting this project off the ground for a few months now, and the expenses piling up at the rate they do when you buy a boat, (I have two, ones a 30 foot offshore speedboat with about 1100 horsepower out back, and I know what spending money on boats is like). Professional delivery captains are out of my budget right now and I dont appreciate being made fun of for asking for help. Ive been asked about expenses covered and everthing is negotiable. Of course depending on whats brought to the table I will pay fuel etc. Ive chartered a few boats in my day and I know what some folks pay just to go sailing. Ten days is never less than 4k on a large boat. Have you ever shopped for a delivery captain? Excuse me for sounding brusque, but if you dont want to go sailing in the Bahamas, what are you doing sticking your nose in here and confusing everyone. I thought my reply to Vasco was pretty funny after all.
Old 19-07-2012, 13:16   #11

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"

Why don't you sail the boat over yourself? When you get to Nassau take a short flight to FL and in a few days you can sail the boat to Nassau. I mean, when you bought your tickets from Peru to Nassau you must have had a contingency plan in case no one would sail the boat over for you. As to your response to my question it did sound a bit lame and similar to some questionable solicitations that abound on the internet.
Old 19-07-2012, 13:36   #12

we WERE two younger couples. excuse the typo
Old 19-07-2012, 14:31   #13
Marine Service Provider

There is something fishy about this one. I have been called on the phone on and off for 2 months by this poster but he has yet to move the boat by any means , free crew or paid professionals. Cheechako, does your bridge lead to swamp land ? If so, will you take Greek drachmas for it ?
Old 19-07-2012, 14:34   #14

Boat: In between boats

Double Post

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post994322
Old 19-07-2012, 14:43   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: CyberYacht 43

I have deleted 9 posts from this thread. If any poster is wondering why then reread the rules, particularly the "Be nice" rule.

If you have a problem with any post then the correct response is to use the triangular "Report post" button in the lower left hand corner of each box.

The OP is asking for help. If you can't help then no response is needed.

Tags
Bahamas, bareboat, charter, crew