Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 15:07   #1

Experienced Boater Seeks Adventure

Hello all and thank you for taking the time to read my post!

First off, my name is Dan and I'll be finishing a season of work up here in Alaska in the next week. Coming up there, my hope was to get back on the water for the winter of 14/15. I worked as a deckhand in San Diego for the past two winters on whale watching and other similar boats and fell in love with the water. I've got somewhere around 200 days on the water and would love to venture into the world of sailing. I'll be coming off this job with enough money to float me comfortably for a winter of sailing. I can be nearly anywhere in 2-3 weeks and set to go for 6 months My strong suits include a love/need of adventure, passion for learning, cooking, and a decent sense of humor. I have no issues following orders and am very respectful of my hosts. That being said, I'm very interested in fishing, diving, and seeing where the wind takes us. I'm very eager to work so shoot me a message if you need someone reliable and we can chat from there!

Happy Travels!
-Dan
Old 12-09-2014, 07:36   #2

Boat: Tom Colvin, Custom 63'
Re: Experienced Boater Seeks Adventure

I have a 63' steel custom built schooner that I need help sailing from St. Petersburg Florida to Panama Central America. She is fueled and waiting for hurricane season to end. Very safe CG documented vessel. how much sailing have you done?
Old 13-09-2014, 14:03   #3

Sounds like a comfortable setup ya got. I've gone sailing in San Diego bay a handful of times but most of my time was spent on larger boats. However, what I lack in experience, I make up for in competence and enthusiasm.
Old 14-10-2014, 16:58   #4

Still available and looking to travel until mid spring 2014!
Old 06-11-2014, 18:08   #5

Hello,

My name is Carlos and in Puerto Rico and have a 2005, fully equipped 47' catamaran ready to go to Jamaica, Belize, Guatemala then to Panama. Plan on leaving Panama in Feb.-Mar. 2015 to Hawaii, then to Vancouver for the summer then south along west coast to Mexico, Galapagos then to So. Pacific. Looking for crew for all or part.
If interested contact me @ c.rios@documentcontrol.com for more details.

Best Regards,

Carlos

Tags
enc