Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 04:40   #1

Dominican Rep. to Florida delivery

Crew wanted for a delivery of a Hunter 386 from the Dominican Republic to Florida. Ready to go in the next few days! We are repositioning a nice Hunter 386 from La Romana to Pompano Beach and getting out crew together. US 9546one23555
Old 07-05-2014, 13:32   #2

Boat: Challenger35' ketch
Re: Dominican Rep. to Florida delivery

have skills and stamina, would love to be part of the crew. is this a compensating job?
Old 07-05-2014, 15:56   #3

We pay flight, food...and compensation according to qualification.
Old 07-05-2014, 21:05   #4

Boat: Challenger35' ketch

Im very interested. have experience (crew of one to Hawaii on 35' Santana) and also sailing the Baja and sea of Cortez solo for 2 years in my challenger 35'. im not looking to get rich, just walk away with a little something? im currently in California and am willing to crew for airfare and feed, and maybe you can compensate my based on my results.
hope to hear from you.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:13   #5

Boat: 1973 Morgan 41 OI / 22' Macgregor

Available, experienced and can be where you are quickly! Call for references.
Jeff Gillette
j.j.properties@hotmail.com
(270) 929-0963
Old 11-05-2014, 21:13   #6
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatsde View Post
Crew wanted for a delivery of a Hunter 386 from the Dominican Republic to Florida. Ready to go in the next few days! We are repositioning a nice Hunter 386 from La Romana to Pompano Beach and getting out crew together. US 9546one23555

Hi. My name is Dean. I have broken into sailing feet first. Let me explain. I have been a first mate on line boats pushing barges up and down the Ohio, Mississippi and Tennessee rivers and even have more then enough hours at the wheel to be a captain on a line boat if I like. (I do not choose to). I can fix about anything That breaks. I have worked on everything from buildings to space shuttles to battle ships for the navy. I am no know it all because I am still learning every day. I started looking into sailboats about 20 years ago. Last December I found a few dozen I like and could afford. In January I found one and went to buy it in Colonial Beach, VA. The woman gave it to me. Fantastic. This kid in Long Island called and he was responding to my interest in his boat. I explained I had just got one. He came way down so we went on to New York where I have my second sailboat. Several days on board it cleaning rewiring doing things to it I got a call. This guy in DC I had emailed in December had just got back to me. I explained that it was to late and I have 2 sailboats already. Well Charlestown, Maryland Was on the way back home to North Carolina any way so I went by to see what he had. He drove from DC to show the sailboat. I spent several days cleaning it rewiring it doing basic repairs then had to get my fanny home to make some more money to start the journey of getting them ship shape. Well back to Charlestown I went and I had to mount a outboard on the Avantgarde to get her home. I then proceeded to leave the marina only to find ice about 4 inches thick a few miles away. Well I kind of bumped it and some broke. The motor was coming loose after a few bumps so I climbed out on to the swim ladder and held my Evenrude on the mount. So I bumped more like a beauty queen Avantgarde cut through and made a slushy out of the Chesapeake for about a mile and got through. I read part of a book and watched some videos on how to sail and learned to trim the sails a little too for best performance and speed. I learned what Gail winds on the Chesapeake meant the hard way. As big as my sailboat is I figured those small craft warnings were for them others. (about died) I used daft logic for distance calculations and my first trip and time on a sailboat I single handed 585 miles. I now live on Avantgarde at Cape Fear Marina in Wilmington, NC. As of 5/3/2014. So that's the short part of the story. I don't have 40 years of sailing like that Mark guy and it don't take me that long to learn anything. I guess I am above average. I would like to meet you all and possibly do this trip with you. I have to be honest though. I can't do it free. I have no income yet if I am not working. I have very few bills but some. I don't know what your looking for exactly but I can repair and maintain your vessel and take watch skillfully and safely with the best of them. I am a cheap date smoke free, alcohol free mostly. I did the Intra Coastal night and day by my self with a handheld GPS. Never run a ground at the helm even in the Dismal swamp at night. I am 45 6ft. very good looking (lol) of Dutch, Irish and German decent and strong as an OX. I like to meet people smarter then me. It sounds like it would be a very nice experience so I hope you will consider me and give me a call. I am Doc Master now at the Cape Fear Marina. They hired me the day I arrived as a temporary Doc Master. (910)747-11six five
Old 20-05-2014, 23:25   #7

Thanks guys. The ship has sailed.
Old 14-07-2014, 07:20   #8
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 1978 41' Island Trader
Send a message via MSN to CaptainPatty Send a message via Skype™ to CaptainPatty

Are you still looking for crew?

Tags
delivery, Dominica, florida