Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-11-2014, 09:30   #1

Crew wanted for Charlestown to the Tampa Bay Area

We are closing on our next boat on Dec. 5th in Charleston,Sc. I plan on moving it south around the keys and then back north to Bradenton,Fl. If I can find enough help I plan on staying offshore for the most of the trip (also if the boat lets us). If anyone wants to help for all or part of the trip, feel free to message me. I plan on the trip to be completed before Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 22-11-2014, 11:35   #2

Re: Crew wanted for Charlestown to the Tampa Bay Area

Hi,

I would love to help out.

I'm 48 in very good physical and mental health. By the time I get off my current boat (around the 1st of Dec) I'll have spent four of the last six weeks crewing on two boats.

I'm currently helping take a boat through the Bahamas but should be back in Florida around the 1st of December.

I'm highly motivated and reliable as I'm looking to get as much experience on as many types of boats as possible before buying a boat of my own in March of 2015. I'm easy going a good cook and willing to help in anyway I can as I've got a lot to learn.

If you can use me you can email me at billpotter44(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 22-11-2014, 12:35   #3

Moby, I sent you an email

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 25-11-2014, 14:43   #4

Depending on your departure date I'd like to be considered. I'm expecting a grandchild around the 5th so that takes priority. Any time after the actual delivery date would work for me. I lost my boat to an electrical fire this summer so I'd suggest you go over your new purchase very carefully before you depart. My experience is limited to one offshore crossing, some Keys sailing, and daysailing out of different Florida ports. My sextant also went down with the ship, so I have no navigational equipment. I do have a ham radio license which may or may not be of use.

Drop me a line or call me if you would like to talk more.

Gene Roll
423-653-7417
Old 26-11-2014, 18:37   #5

Hello and happy Thanksgiving. My name is Tom Lehn. I live in Daytona Beach. I love the boating world and would love to be a part of your trip Your not that far from me so I can easily drive to you. I can pay my own way and take care of transportation for return trip. I can sail but most of my boats have been outboards. Please email if you still need help.
Old 27-11-2014, 08:55   #6

Crew wanted for Charlestown to the Tampa Bay Area

Happy thanksgiving. I am heading up wed. to go look at the boat and if everything is ok close on it on the 5th and head out on the 6th. When I get up there I will let everyone know if it's a go or no go on whether the trip is going to happen or not. Sorry for the short notice everyone but it's a rush job as we are staying in a hotel in between boats and it's not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 29-11-2014, 09:40   #7

I was informed from one of the repliers that I forgot an important piece of information. He was absolutely correct lol. The boat is an 84 Hunter Cherubini 37.

Old 01-12-2014, 21:12   #8

Boat: 1981 Sabre 28 mkII

Hello, I would be glad to help you on your journey. I am a 40 year old male, traveling on my military pension so I also have base access if we needed them. I was planning to fly to the Tampa area to purchase a boat similar to yours. I am from Florida (Jupiter) and finished my military career at MacDill AFB in Tampa bay so I am familiar with sailing / boating both the east, west and middle of Florida. I have gps chart plotting software on my phone, tablet and laptop as well as many charts.
Old 02-12-2014, 14:22   #9

Boat: Member Boston Sailing Center

Can't help with this trip, but I'd be interested in daysailing or other sailing with you in Brandenton this winter. We spend the months of January through April in West Bradenton.
Old 06-12-2014, 15:33   #10

The boat was not worth the money and effort and the trip is cancelled. Thank you everyone who replied.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:57   #11

Boat: Catalina 25, Pearson 30, Coastal 45

Sad news...
Old 20-12-2014, 12:31   #12

Looks like the wrong timing for me to help you. I am retired Air Force, living near Cape Canaveral. If the timing had been right, I could have gone military space A from Jacksonville Naval Air Station to Charleston AFB, then crewed for you back down to MacDill. Oh, Well, maybe next time. Good luck trying to find a boat. JC

Tags
crew, crew wanted, wanted