Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2008, 08:54   #1

Boat: Stevens 47
Crew Wanted Caribbean Dec-Feb

I am looking for one or two people to come and enjoy the Caribbean this winter. My present crew is leaving in mid November to return to work in the US so I need a couple of extra hands to help with the boat. My plan is to sail from the BVI where I am now down through the islands to Grenada then sail over to Panama getting there in early to mid February, stopping off at Bonaire and Curacao on the way.

My boat is a Stevens 47, very well equipped and set up for offshore cruising. This is a very stable seaworthy boat. I am skippering and I've been sailing since I was 19, about 32 years.
I need someone who has a great attitude and wants to gain experience with water sailing">blue water sailing. I do not HAVE to take anyone on but it would be nice to have an extra hand or two to help with watches etc so the deal is this:

I have the boat and pay for any maintenance issues etc. as well as my share of food and drink.

You pay for the following....

Your airfare to and from the boat.
Your part of the food costs
Any of your own shoreside costs e.g. hotel, drinks, restaurant dinners etc

You will be expected to be a part of the crew in all respects, taking watches, sailing the boat, turns with cooking and cleaning up day to day stuff....just as you would in a roommate situation on shore.

This is an outstanding opportunity for someone to either learn to sail (and snorkel and relax and see the sights!) or take advantage and see the Caribbean without owning a boat yet.

Please reply to mike (at) rogueprojex (dot) com if at all interested

Thanks
Michael
Old 03-11-2008, 13:47   #2

hello michael,
i am interested in helping crew your boat. it sounds like an ideal learning opportunity for me. i have almost no sailing experience (one time, tiny boat on windy lake, capsized), but i am very interested in learning. i would someday like to be a competent sailor with my own boat in the worlds oceans, so now its time to start learning...
i am free from work from early dec until sometime in april.
can offer skills in cooking, carpentry, general maintainance.
i will contact you via the provide email.
thanks,
don
Old 12-11-2008, 09:16   #3

Still looking for crew to start in a few weeks....had some replies but no-one committed yet....
My boat is a non-smoking boat....that means no smoking on board anywhere....leave your cigarrettes at home please....

Email me at the address in the original post

Thanks
Michael
Old 23-11-2008, 16:54   #4

All positions filled. Thanks so much for all the responses!!

Michael
Old 27-11-2008, 09:34   #5

Super Keen to Crew in Caribbean...

Hi There,

i know that you have advised that you have a full crew, but should anything change and you happen to be looking again, I am avaliable to be anywhere in Caribbean/USA to crew from end of Dec for the following 3 months.
I am a very motivated 30 year old chick from Sydney Australia and have little sailing experience, however have spend a lot of time on powered boats for the last 8 years and have part owned 2 in Australia.
I am a non smoker, def no drugs, and like to enjoy the odd btl of vino on deck, just like any other! Am very keen to learn to sail and see some of the cairibbean.

Regrds

Carly
Old 29-11-2008, 08:26   #6

Boat: In between boats. Last boats;30 S2, 37 Endeavour, 30 Souverel. Currently looking for 40+ catamaran
Crew in Carribean

Hi Mike,

My name is Albert. I am very interested in perhaps joining you on your journey . I am an avid sailover and have my US Coast Guard Sixpack License. I ran day charters for 3 years in the Miami area. Mostly all coastal cruising and Bahamas and have sailed in Figi. My wife Linda and I are planning to retire soon and become cruisers. I am fortunate enough to have quite a bit vacation builtup and seek some bluewater experience. Please contact me if the positions are still available.

You can reach me at saillovers@gmail.com

Regards,
Albert
Old 17-12-2008, 17:16   #7
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 44' CSY "Walkover" cutter, La Nostra
auschick, check your PM's
Located in the Sunny Caribbean
"Life's short ... Eat dessert first!"
Old 26-12-2008, 08:27   #8

Hi Michael,

Give me a shout when you're on Curacao, then we'll have drinks at Asiento ...
sailor's happy hour Tuesdays and Thursdays ...

CU there one day soon ...

greetz,

Tags
Caribbean