Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 06:53   #1
ori

Chill couple with experience -Gulf/Caribbean/Central Amer./South Amer. any time

My girl friend and I both have some sailing experience. I have a masters bareboat 40. Both can cook and have done several overnight cruises around boston and cape cod area. I am also quite handy.

We can travel to any port of departure and are willing to sail to just about anywhere, and on short notice. We will be leaving Boston in august and traveling throughout the the Caribbean, Central and South america. Looking to help crew and catch rides by boat whenever possible.

We are laid back and can cover our own expenses if needed.

If you are looking for crew, please message me through the forum for additional contact info. or call 781-738-2163
Old 09-06-2013, 16:23   #2

Re: Chill couple with experience -Gulf/Caribbean/Central Amer./South Amer. any time

Hello!

I have a hunter legend 35, we (Me and my wife) are planning to sail from TCI (Turks) to Puerto Rico around 20th of July - This is quite a ride, since either with the route via DR or direclty we need some hands aboard, wondering if you guys will be interested? (We cover all expenses on-board, of course)

Guillermo
Old 10-06-2013, 07:48   #3
ori

Re: Chill couple with experience -Gulf/Caribbean/Central Amer./South Amer. any time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willythefog View Post
Hello!

I have a hunter legend 35, we (Me and my wife) are planning to sail from TCI (Turks) to Puerto Rico around 20th of July - This is quite a ride, since either with the route via DR or direclty we need some hands aboard, wondering if you guys will be interested? (We cover all expenses on-board, of course)

Guillermo
Hi Guillermo, thanks for responding. This sounds awesome, and exactly what we are looking for except that we aren't leaving Boston until the second week of August. If you can delay your departure by a few weeks we would love to join. Otherwise we would be happy to meet you in PR and help out on your way to the next destination. We spent some time on Culebra last year and fell in love with the place.

Also, you may have to wait for a clear weather window anyway given it will be near the peak of the hurricane season. Please let me know your thoughts on that. Hopefully the timing will work out. Feel free to respond via private message. I'll send you my direct email.

Ori
Old 10-06-2013, 10:31   #4

Hi Ori,
what about a sailingtrip from Tobago to the ABC-Islands?

We are a young chill couple from germany in our thirties and are looking for a experienced sailing-couple who can add some additional safety to our trip.
Actually we are in Tobago and planning to leave at the beginning of August.

Our boat is a bluewater-equipped Baltic 42 (owner-version) in ready to go condition.

If you like to join in this trip, we have a nice aft-cabin available for you...
Old 12-06-2013, 20:33   #5

Maybe you could take my boat from Salinas in Puerto Rico to Puerto La Cruz in Venezuela. She needs a haulout and I want to make her as beautiful as she should be. I am easy on times as it could be within the next five months.
Work your schedule out and let me know.

Caracas
Old 13-06-2013, 00:12   #6

It looks like you are getting a lot of options! Congrats! I'm basically looking for the same thing but ill only have 18 days off from work nov-dec time frame... If you find your boat needing a plus one let me know!!!

Cheers!
Old 18-06-2013, 18:44   #7
ori

SY Axiom, This sounds awesome. Thank you for the offer, but it looks like we had a slight change of plans in our timing, and now we won't be able to start our journey until early October. I'd love to keep in touch and perhaps join you somewhere else along the way.
Safe travels,
-Ori
Old 18-06-2013, 19:27   #8
ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Life View Post
It looks like you are getting a lot of options! Congrats! I'm basically looking for the same thing but ill only have 18 days off from work nov-dec time frame... If you find your boat needing a plus one let me know!!!

Cheers!
The good life. Add me to your contacts. I will let you know if anything comes up.
Old 18-06-2013, 19:30   #9
ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by caracas View Post
Maybe you could take my boat from Salinas in Puerto Rico to Puerto La Cruz in Venezuela. She needs a haulout and I want to make her as beautiful as she should be. I am easy on times as it could be within the next five months.
Work your schedule out and let me know.

Caracas
Cracas, sounds cool. I will keep you updated as we make our way down.

thanks,
-Ori
Old 18-06-2013, 21:01   #10

Just let me know, it doesn't make a lot of difference on timing but I want to be in Joost Van Dyke for New Year

Caracas
Old 01-10-2013, 15:32   #11

I would still like this to happen but the boat needs some attention. It could sail away the same day but needs an engine review and bilge pump.

John
Old 22-10-2013, 18:29   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to Dreaming Yachtsman

Ori,
If you are interested I need someone to help sail my 43' catamaran from Grenada to St. Martin the first week of November. Would like to do it straight through but would consider a few stops depending on duration of the weather window.

Will send you PM tomorrow if no reply here by then.
Old 22-10-2013, 18:36   #13

I will be in Grenada this weekend, let me know where you are. I might stay at the Tropicana but depends.

Caracas
Old 22-10-2013, 18:50   #14

Send a message via Skype™ to Dreaming Yachtsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by caracas View Post
I will be in Grenada this weekend, let me know where you are. I might stay at the Tropicana but depends.

Caracas
I'm in Prickly Bay, directly off the end of the dinghy dock at PB Marina. I monitor VHF ch 68 so call from de Big Fish or PBM if you would like to get together.
Old 24-10-2013, 12:57   #15

Will be flying in on Saturday evening on the stand by list from Port Of Spain Will come to Prickly Bay but assume you will be ashore?in the coffeeshop/ having a beer or something?