It is not a delivery, it is a cruise
. The owner/skipper is on-board and experienced, as well as a watch-keeper of lesser experience. Two of our young deckhands who had signed on from OZ to Panama flaked on us, decided that they would rather go to Thailand
, and left ship here in New Zeeland with very short notice.
We are basically offering room and board working passage
from NZ to Tahiti
and/or Panama for one or two deckhands / watch-keepers to bring the crew back up to 3 or 4.
We do know about the gale. Our plan is to wait here near Auckland
until the weather
improves, we are thinking that a Sunday departure might be likely. If it is just the two of us, or if we get somebody who wants to be left on Tahiti, then we will go to Tahiti. If the conditions look better for going straight east, and we don't have anybody onboard who wants to be left on Tahiti, we might keep going straight east.
I suppose I ought to explicitly clarify another point of my original message. We are probably not leaving until Sunday or later, but would like interested crew to contact us as soon as possible, and there is probably no need to contact us unless you can be here by the new year.