Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2009, 17:36   #1

Yachts wanted for youth sailing in Macau

Hi All,
My name is Jon, and 8 months ago I started the MACAU YOUTH SAILING ASSOCIATION. We currently have 39 youngsters in our program, but only 2 yachts. We recently bought a Yamaha 25 called ELISSA from Hebe Haven. Our organization is a non-profit organization and the yachts are being bought by the parents of the kids in our program. As an off-shoot of our efforts we also now have 12 adults partaking in a Competent Crew course. Slowly but surely we will get sailing going here in Macau. Our biggest problem is trying to find second-hand yachts for sale. ( there are parents ready to buy ) The yachts need to be in the 22ft to 28ft range e.g. Sonata 7, Yamaha 20odd footers or anything similar. We have finally been given permission by the Gov't to use the 10 Topper dingies at Hac Sa ( these have been in mothballs for 10 years and their condition is not great ) The Hebe Haven youth sailing organization has offered their old toppers and parts for free, which is most appreciated.
I would really appreciate any help and advice that might be forthcoming from your members. I am ready to travel to Hong Kong at any time to look at boats that might be available,except from Friday 13th March to Wed 18th March as we are taking 19 youths and 8 adults on a 5 day sailing camp to the Royal Selangor Yacht Club in Malaysia.
Thanks in anticipation,
Jon Galbraith
M.Y.S.A.

Tags
Macau