Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 05:51   #1
Marine Service Provider

Unassisted pick up mooring system

Selling the complete plans with step by step video instructions to build the Catcher Snatcher, a new device that picks up your mooring automatically whilst you are at the helm. No running to the bow, no dangerous leaning to catch the line, no modifications to your boat.
Price: $29.95
Attached Files
Old 29-05-2013, 00:00   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Unassisted pick up mooring system

This is a test
Old 29-05-2013, 01:31   #3

Boat: So many boats to choose from. Would prefer something that is not an AWB, and that is beachable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calling View Post
Selling the complete plans with step by step video instructions to build the Catcher Snatcher, a new device that picks up your mooring automatically whilst you are at the helm. No running to the bow, no dangerous leaning to catch the line, no modifications to your boat.
Price: $29.95
You could also just practice picking up a mooring in reverse. Costs $0, and works everywhere...
Old 29-05-2013, 02:23   #4

These tall "poles" (about 6' above water) mounted through mooring buoys w/ a hook on top to hold the mooring loops are appearing in Northport Habor... many of them. The only difference I see is that when not at the mooring, the lines are dry and hanging in the air (they could be wet in the rain) and not fouled and slimy from marine growth. The growth occurs when the mooring is left unused and the lines drop down inside the water. They are certainly easier to see (especially at night). Pick mooring sticks cost as well... this is just a more expensive solution.

I don't know whether these benefits are worth the cost.... but the downside is perhaps they are less aesthetic looking with all the poles with dangling lines in the harbor in early Spring and Fall. My wife likes the idea and I'll give it a try next year.

Tags
mooring