Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 01:07   #1

Boat: Fuji 45' Ketch
Sailomat 601 Windvane

Sailomat 601 windvane removed from an Islander 36 after a few years cruising south pac. comes with universal bracket, extra vane and the wheel attachment for control lines to helm. see sailomat website for description, specs and other info. Selling it because I cannot use it with hydraulics on present boat. Asking $1200. Located Hawaii. will send pics if interested
Old 06-07-2011, 12:44   #2
GDD

Re: Sailomat 601 windvane

Hi,

I'm interested. How old is she? Any idea what it could cost to ship to Vancouver Canada?
Please send photos.

Also, I saw your ad while about to post my own ad for a scanmar auto-helm trim tab/rudder system. Perhaps we could trade?
Thanks,
George
Old 08-07-2011, 01:24   #3

Boat: Fuji 45' Ketch

Hi George, sorry hadn't got back to you sooner. A trade sounds like a good option. How did the scanmar work for you? and what kind of boat was it used on? I have a Fuji 45' CC Ketch, mizzen boom overhangs a foot. Any problems mounting on my rig you think? If you can send pictures also, I'd love to see them.

On my end, I will post more pics this weekend. Original owner of sailomat used it only a couple years, and had to sell it due to loss of boat in 2004. It's been at my house ever since. I've never used it, and just recently started doing the homework and realized it wont work on my boat. Not the smartest move on my part. It weighs about 55lbs and USPS website shows about 125 usd to BC give or take.
I was never able to get the paperwork from original owner as they were lost on the boat, but I obtained a very long detailed dvd from sailomat covering installation/mounting/rigging/ and sea trial. the universal bracket makes this unit easy to install on most transoms, no backing boards needed because there is very little load forces on the stern with this unit.
aloha, marc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1973.JPG
Views:	522
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	29400   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1976.JPG
Views:	593
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	29401  

Old 09-07-2011, 10:13   #4
GDD

Hi Marc,

I am glad to hear you're interested in a trade. I'm away from home for the weekend, so i will answer all your questions and send some photos when I'm home on Monday. I will also send you a personal message with my regular email address.

cheers

george

Tags
windvane