Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2016, 15:44   #16

Location: Gone sailing! Please don't tell our adult kids where we are!
Boat: Downeaster 38
Re: Pacific Seacraft 37

You are selling a superbly capable and well built craft. What, if I may ask are you buying to replace this beauty?

And good luck with the sale!
Old 04-06-2016, 19:07   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Sailfish View Post
You are selling a superbly capable and well built craft. What, if I may ask are you buying to replace this beauty?

And good luck with the sale!
Thanks for your reply SV Sailfish. Of course I agree with you: the Pacific Seacraft 37 is indeed superbly capable and very well built. On top of that, ours is extremely well equipped and ready for blue-water cruising.

We do need luck with the sale because there are lots of cheap boats on the market, and it's normal for folks hunting for a boat to be attracted to the low prices. (That said, our asking price is extremely low for this boat -- too low according to advice from a couple brokers.) It takes lots of research before one realizes that those cheap boats are cheap for a reason, whether it's poor build quality, low-grade fittings or a lack of gear. Indeed, most new cruisers grossly underestimate the cost of equipping a boat to cruise safely, nimbly and comfortably over long distances. I know of one person who recently bought a Pacific Seacraft 37 and now wishes he had bought ours for the simple reason that he is spending big money to get it to where ours is already. Often new cruisers need to learn these things the hard way (we did).

We are getting a very different boat for very high latitudes, including potentially some encounters with ice. It's twice the size of Blue Fantasy and made from metal. Alas, it very ugly compared to the lovely lines of a Pacific Seacraft 37!
Old 09-06-2016, 00:57   #18

I love your boat and it's a good price. I have sail the Pacific Seacraft 37 and they are fantastic.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:08   #19

Boat: 1979 Watkins 27

Beautiful yacht!!! I'd buy it immediately if I was able to do so.
Good luck with the sell.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:50   #20

Re: 2004 Pacific Seacraft 37 for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviathusky View Post
I love your boat and it's a good price. I have sailed the Pacific Seacraft 37 and they are fantastic.
Thanks for your comment. Yes, these are great boats, and Blue Fantasy an excellent example.

Here's what Gregg Jones says in Sailing magazine:

“A boat whose gorgeous lines, exceptionally strong hull and rig and meticulous finish have made boat ownership a love affair for those fortunate enough to possess a Pacific Seacraft 37.”

It's a real pleasure to sail Blue Fantasy. In fact, we plan to do just that again tomorrow if the weather looks good.

If you have any questions, just let me know here or you can get in touch via private message (or go to our website, where you can find our email and phone number).
Old 10-06-2016, 01:55   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadc View Post
Beautiful yacht!!! I'd buy it immediately if I was able to do so.
Good luck with the sell.
Yes, she is indeed a "beautiful yacht" -- looks great and sails great!

We are happy to consider offers.

If you or anyone else knows of someone who might like to have a great Pacific Seacraft 37, please pass their name(s) to us. We are offering a "reward" (finder's fee) to anyone who first introduces the final buyer to us. You can find details on our website. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2016, 23:23   #22

Thank you Lantau. Your Pacific Seacraft 37 has a huge amount of equipment. Is everything included in the asking price? If we buy it, how long can we keep it there?
Old 12-06-2016, 15:58   #23

Quote:
Thank you Lantau. Your Pacific Seacraft 37 has a huge amount of equipment. Is everything included in the asking price? If we buy it, how long can we keep it there?
Thanks 'Aviathusky' for your reply.

Yes, 'Blue Fantasy' is fully equipped for blue-water cruising, with Yanmar 56hp engine, extra fuel tank in addition to the main tank, Monitor windvane, all new sails (main, genoa and staysail in August 2015), heavy-duty autopilot, brand new chart plotter (May 2016), brand new latest-technology radar (May 2016), SSB with grounding strap option, VHF, Navtex, GPS, AIS, life raft, life rings and life vests, sea anchor, warning systems, almost 500AH of battery capacity, inverter, battery management system, solar panel, wind generator, three anchors (CQR, Delta and Fortress) with very long rodes and a huge amount of chain, heavy-duty adjustable yacht legs, dodger and Bimini with enclosure, RIB tender with outboard motor, full galley (with gas stove, microwave oven, fridge, etc.), head with full-size toilet and pressurized water, lots of spare parts and sailing gear, etc. Our website (www.pacificseacraft37.com) has many web links to more information on the equipment (blue lettering indicates a link), but if you have questions about anything please let me know.

The buyer is welcome to keep the boat here until ready to set sail (or transport the boat, if that is the choice). We can look after it and act as the new owner's eyes and ears here for as long as necessary. If the buyer wants to have the boat transported/shipped, we can help with arrangements on this end and be the local contact. I know that buying a cruiser can be complicated and challenging, and I'll do everything I can to make the process as simple and carefree as possible. That includes being available for as long as necessary after the sale to answer questions.

Feel free to post more questions here or contact me via the forum's private mail, or you can contact us through our website (which has contact forms, our email address and phone number): www.pacificseacraft37.com

Thanks for your interest in Blue Fantasy!
Old 13-06-2016, 19:47   #24

Quote:
Oops. In my enthusiasm to list some of the equipment aboard Blue Fantasy I forgot to answer your first question. Yes, everything is included.

Unless you have a limitless budget, it's very important to check whether a boat is fully equipped, and with what. The cost of equipping a boat for cruising, at least if you want some comfort and a high level of safety, is very high. Blue Fantasy has all you need to go cruising (except food).

More details can be found here: www.pacificseacraft37.com

I'm happy to answer any more questions you might have.
Old 14-06-2016, 09:17   #25

Boat: van de Stadt Pionier, 30'

This is a beautiful boat and I have already fallen in love with her just from seeing the pictures! Indeed well-equipped and ready to go.

You mention a monthly payment plan on your website. Can you please elaborate?

Btw, I'm based in Macau so we are kind of neighbours!
Old 14-06-2016, 15:50   #26

Re: 2004 Pacific Seacraft 37 FOR SALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper Bob View Post
This is a beautiful boat and I have already fallen in love with her just from seeing the pictures! Indeed well-equipped and ready to go.

You mention a monthly payment plan on your website. Can you please elaborate?

Btw, I'm based in Macau so we are kind of neighbours!
Thanks for your reply, Skipper Bob. Indeed, Macau is right next door. There's a sailing rally to Macau from Hong Kong every year.

It is easy to fall in love with a Pacific Seacraft 37. It's the kind of boat you like more and more the longer you own it. The more exposure you get to it, and the more exposure you get to other boats, the more you realize just how well-built this boat is. Pacific Seacraft takes lovely designs and builds them very strong indeed.

Regarding a payment plan, we are willing to receive payment for the boat in installments. The general idea is to receive a biggish portion of the sale price initially, and then to receive the balance over time. The details would depend on circumstances, and we are open to ideas. We want to make buying our boat as easy and enjoyable as possible (realizing that boat buying can be a bit stressful at times). If you want to discuss it, feel free to contact us using CruisersForum private mail or you can find our contact details (email and telephone) here: www.pacificseacraft37.com/contact/
Old 17-06-2016, 16:08   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantau View Post
2004 PACIFIC SEACRAFT 37 (“Crealock 37”)

Fully equipped for bluewater cruising: Yanmar 56hp, extra fuel tank, Monitor windvane, new sails, single-hander’s package, electronic autopilot, full instrumentation, brand new chart plotter with wifi connectivity to smartphone or tablet, brand new latest-technology radar, SSB with grounding strap option, Pactor modem, VHF, Navtex, GPS, AIS, life raft, life rings and life vests, sea anchor, warning systems, almost 500AH of battery capacity, inverter, battery management system, solar panel, wind generator, three anchors (CQR, Delta and Fortress) with long rodes, yacht legs, dodger and Bimini with enclosure, RIB tender with outboard motor, full galley with stove, microwave oven and fridge, head with full-size toilet and pressurized water, etc. Pacific Seacraft legendary award-winning quality (see below).

ASKING PRICE: US$169,000 offers considered. Finder’s fee: We are offering a reward of US$5,000 to anyone who first introduces us to the buyer (if a broker or someone else does not do so first).

LOCATION: Hong Kong (mooring available or delivery may be possible)

Pacific Seacraft yachts are among the highest-quality boats available anywhere, winning awards and accolades for their superb craftsmanship, durability and strength. The Pacific Seacraft 37 is no exception. Inducted into the American Sailboat Hall of Fame, the Pacific Seacraft 37 has been described by Sailing magazine as "a nearly perfect cruising boat for a couple." Our 2004 Pacific Seacraft 37 is extensively equipped and designed for sailors who want a sailing yacht that can sail the world's oceans in safety and comfort, but which is also delightful for a day out or weekend trip. She is ready for long-distance blue-water cruising by a couple, small family or single-hander. Small enough to be sailed easily by one person, our Pacific Seacraft 37 is big enough to carry equipment and provisions for extended periods at sea. With an extremely strong hull, very robust rig, versatile sail plan (with all new sails) and comfortable cabin, not to mention multiple communication, navigation and safety systems, this Pacific Seacraft is ready to head over the horizon.

For detailed information on the boat, please go to our website blog:

https://pacificseacraft37.com/details/

Contact us by Private Message here or by the link above.

Thank you!

I have done lots of research and I think your Pacific Seacraft 37 is an excellent boat. The asking price is good for a 2004 Pacific Seacraft 37 with so much equipment, but can you tell me if there is much room to negotiate the final selling price?
Old 17-06-2016, 18:05   #28

Location: Gone sailing! Please don't tell our adult kids where we are!
Boat: Downeaster 38

Quote:
I have done lots of research and I think your Pacific Seacraft 37 is an excellent boat. The asking price is good for a 2004 Pacific Seacraft 37 with so much equipment, but can you tell me if there is much room to negotiate the final selling price?
Hey Aviathusky,

If you are a serious, interestedm perspective buyer, then just PM the seller on this site or go to their website listed in this thread and contact them privately and throw out a $ figure.

Just me, but I would never, ever negotiate a sale of my vessel on an open forum like this. These are great people with an excellent boat so give it a shot. Just do it the correct way if you are truly serious.

Good luck!
Old 17-06-2016, 18:31   #29

Quote:
Thanks for your message. Of course we agree -- it's an excellent boat with a good price! That said, we are happy to consider offers.

I cannot easily state our bottom line on this forum because we have the boat listed with brokers. As part of some brokerage contracts, we are obliged not to advertise the boat for a lower price than is listed with the broker. That's only fair to the broker. Different brokers have different commissions (some very high), so the final agreed price will depend on the broker. If it's a private sale -- no brokers/agents involved -- the price we can accept will be much lower.

If you would like to make an offer (or ask anything else), you can reach us by CruisersForum private mail or you can find our contact details by clicking on the "Contact Us" tab here:

www.pacificseacraft37.com

Thanks!
Old 17-06-2016, 20:16   #30

Boat: Liberty 458

Nice boat. Well equipped. These opprtunities dont come along often.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

Tags
pacific seacraft