Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 05:54   #1

Boat: nebe cape 28
navik wind vane

hi I am selling a navik wind vane unit I took it of a boat I just bought do to the fact I will not be cuising any time soon it was made for smaller boats. I have one comlete unit and almost another unit that came with the boat. I am in north fl if you are interested email me.
Old 03-02-2008, 13:20   #2

I don't have a boat to put it on now, but I used to have a Kaiser 26 with a Navik. I named it Florence after an ex girlfriend because they were both French and both could often be a pain in the patoot. But all thinks considered, it was a fine piece of equipment. The harder it blew the better it held course. If I had another small boat I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Old 15-02-2008, 05:56   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsalt_1942 View Post
I don't have a boat to put it on now, but I used to have a Kaiser 26 with a Navik. I named it Florence after an ex girlfriend because they were both French and both could often be a pain in the patoot. But all thinks considered, it was a fine piece of equipment. The harder it blew the better it held course. If I had another small boat I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
thanks old salt I think I will keep it.
Old 15-02-2008, 05:57   #4

this unit is no longer for sale
Old 09-08-2008, 11:38   #5

Boat: Contessa 32 Blue Blaze
Is your navik still available? my e-mail larryhansen@shaw.ca
Old 09-08-2008, 13:19   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars the bold View Post
Is your navik still available? my e-mail larryhansen@shaw.ca
Long gone.
Old 09-08-2008, 16:55   #7

yes i still have the wind vane not sure if i want to sell it
Old 09-08-2008, 17:59   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by windshadow View Post
this unit is no longer for sale

I'd like to hear about your Cape28, Googled it and saw some nice line drawings. Love the full keel. The Navik will be perfect for a boat like that. I loved the unit, though, but keep some epoxy stick around, the little thingamabob that fits on the little knuckle on the vane and connects it to the trim tab is a little suspect. It broke on mine, but was easy to fix. I did over a thousand miles afterwards with no trouble at all.

How do I get to your utube vid?
Old 09-08-2008, 18:53   #9

Windshadow...I just looked at the pics you have here. Lafayette, LA? I lived in NOLA for 10 years and ran inland crewboats all over southwest Louisiana and up in the Atchafalaya.

You may already have seen this site, but others would probably be interested in it, too.

S/V FeNIX Home Page

Cape28 with lots of neat vids of underway in the south Pacific and the Seychelles, Thailand. Extremely interesting web site.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:53   #10

Hi old salt the last owner lived in la and had her reg there I bought the boat in fort walton fl. I now keep her in panama city fl.if you type in nebe cape 28 on a google search the the walking tour will come up under aol or you tube just click on any one them that is a video the broker did a few days before I bought her. she is a great boat I just painted the hull and fixed a few blisters on her bottom she should be good to go for a long time. I will try to post some more pics bill
Old 10-08-2008, 07:00   #11

Quote:
Windshadow...I just looked at the pics you have here. Lafayette, LA? I lived in NOLA for 10 years and ran inland crewboats all over southwest Louisiana and up in the Atchafalaya.

You may already have seen this site, but others would probably be interested in it, too.

S/V FeNIX Home Page

Cape28 with lots of neat vids of underway in the south Pacific and the Seychelles, Thailand. Extremely interesting web site.
I just checked out you site nice set up I was thinking about getting a trailer for mine are boats are verey much alike.
Old 25-08-2008, 08:28   #12

were did you go?

Quote:

S/V FeNIX Home Page

were did you go to