Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-01-2008, 08:41   #1

Boat: Robertson & Caine Leopard 46
Heavy Duty Zig Zag machine might be available

I may have available a zig zag sewing machine in nearly new condition. It is in St. Pete Fla. When I know for sure, I will post the details. It will be local pick up for sure. It is not portable.

Bryan
Old 13-01-2008, 18:02   #2

Boat: 1976 Hudson Force 50
Sewing Machine

Do you have a make/model on the machine?
Old 13-01-2008, 18:23   #3

Boat: Robertson & Caine Leopard 46
The machine is a Pfaff 138 6/21. It is set up for single needle, but has tension plates to run double needle if you get the double needle mount etc. I don't have that hardware.
I post mostly in the multi-hulls section under trampolines, as I used to manufacture them so I am pretty knowledgeable on sewing machines and have bought my fair share of used machines in the past.

This machine belongs to my mother who only used it on Sunday after church. Seriously it does belong to my mother who is 83 years old and she used to teach sewing at the school system adult education program. Several years ago she bought this machine from the school district because she thought she might find a use for it. She didn't. A number of years ago, the school district had folded all the sewing classes except hers, and they all used portable dressmaking machines, so while this Pfaff is old it has almost no use on it and it shows. She even has the original owners manual in pristine condition which is still in the original plastic sleeve. This machine was never used in a production environment.

I'd have to check the motor and the pulley size to determine what stitch per minute this machine is set up for.

I have to convince her to get rid of it. That is why I say it might be available