Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 21:22   #1

Gemini 3000 Catamaran For Sale - Baja, Mexico

1989 Gemini 3000 catamaran

It's 30 feet but has the interior space and speed of a 40 foot boat. There are 3 cabins with a queen size bed in the master stateroom and doubles in the other 2. It's powered by a Honda 9.9 High Thrust outboard. It sails so well, though, it usually isn't needed. The boat is setup to be self sufficient with all electronics running on solar power, however, it still has a fridge, chartplotter, autopilot, windlass and watermaker. The fridge is a 12 volt Sundanzer that uses only 8 amp hours a day!

The Gemini is a great design in that with a 14' beam, it can fit in a standard slip. It has daggerboards for better upwind performance and the rudders can be manually raised. It can maneuver in very shallow water and anchor very close to shore or even be beached. The draft with the boards and rudder up is 18 inches and with them down is 5 feet.

It's rigged for cruising with an autopilot, chartplotter, dingy on davits, a great solar power system and 12 volt fridge that runs on 8 amps a day. All the equipment runs off solar power so a generator or engine power is not needed.

It has a watermaker that will need some work to get running, an electrical windlass that needs some wiring and a single sideband radio that needs a new tuner. The main engine is a 9.9 Honda outboard that will need some work or replacement. I had trouble starting it last month due to what I believe is a dried out carburetor. The boat was out of the water over the summer and I believe the hot and dry weather dried out the gaskets and seals. It will also need a fitting for one of the steering cables. The steering system was replaced with one from a Corsair folding trimaran so the part is available from them.

It has a good set of sails with a working jib and genoa on a furler, a decent main and an asymmetrical spinnaker. The boat sails great in the light winds of Mexico.

It's located in Puerto Escondido Mexico and is out of the water after having some repair work done on it's hulls. It's ready for the new buyer with the work completed and fresh bottom paint. It's generally in good cruising condition with newer rigging and a bunch of gear but is not a cosmetic gem.

My family and I spent 10 months sailing in Mexico after the 2010 Baja Haha. My wife loved the flat sailing and all the space but we have moved back to the Bay Area so my daughter can go to school and have decided to sell.

If the boat stays in Mexico for a year then there is no sales tax. Peurto Escondido is a 14 hour drive from San Diego and there is an airport in the nearby town of Loreto so access is easy.

I live in Alameda and am available to answer questions. I will do whatever I can to help the new owner with the sales process either from here in the Bay Area or in Baja.

I've lowered the price to $39k as I would like to sell it quickly. A little work and you could be spending the winter in the beautiful sunny Sea of Cortez.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Punta Cabeza Negra 02162011 022.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	393.3 KB
ID:	54604   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0126[1].jpg
Views:	2253
Size:	426.8 KB
ID:	54605  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3316[3].jpg