Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2014, 12:50   #1

Boat: Rinker 24
Foul Weather Gear

I bought this foul weather suit new 10+ years ago and only wore it for a couple of sailboat races, then moved away from Lake Michigan. I hung on to it thinking it would make an awesome rain suit but have never used it for that either.

Still have the original care instructions. The mildew stain I mention below is right at the bottom of the zipper by the hem. Not much there and pretty hard to see in the pic but I'd be happy to take a closeup. It could ether be cleaned off or I'm pretty sure it would go away by itself if worn around salt water for an afternoon. It is not a big deal but I just want to have an accurate description of what is being sold.

Pic showing the inside of the front pockets, clean and pretty much unused. All the velcro on the jacket is in extremely good shape.

Pic showing the small cut on hem:

Jacket is Large, Pants are Medium. In nice condition except for a couple items-

Jacket has some slight mildew spots from storage. I washed them with a soapy washcloth but they are still there, I suspect they will need some mildew cleaner type of spray. It also has a small cut on the bottom hem, see the pic I took of it. The main mildew stain is in the second pic a couple inches below the instructions, as you can see it is not that noticeable. I can take a more detailed close up for anyone interested.

Bib trousers have lost some elasticity in the suspenders. Not that much and they still have quite a bit left so they are not stretched out or anything but again you can see from the picture what I am talking about. I just want to describe these items as accurately as possible.

Jacket has built in hood in the collar.

$280 shipped CONUS, insurance additional at buyers option and more than happy to ship worldwide at actual cost.

I am more than happy to answer any questions over the telephone, or if you are cruising I am an Extra class Amateur operator and can reliably chat with the East Coast and the Caribbean so we could arrange a QSO.

Thanks for reading!

Mark
Old 09-10-2014, 18:36   #2

Re: Foul Weather Gear

Price drop to $250 shipped CONUS.

There has to be someone out there needing a set of quality foulies! Also, this is not an inshore set but coastal/offshore (don't remember what is actually was and can't seem to find a model # on them). I do remember paying around $600 for the set.

If anyone is cruising down either the Illinois or Mississippi rivers I can meet you at your boat where the rivers meet or thereabouts.
Old 10-11-2014, 23:47   #3

Another price drop to $240, I need the extra closet space!
Old 11-11-2014, 06:46   #4

The gear is to large for me, but wouldn't mind having another set on board for crew while cruising. Will you accept $200 for the set?

Regards, Paul

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 11-11-2014, 08:28   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard40 View Post
The gear is to large for me, but wouldn't mind having another set on board for crew while cruising. Will you accept $200 for the set?

Regards, Paul

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Hi there Paul, and welcome to the forums!

I sent you a PM.

Regards,

Mark

Tags
foul weather gear, gear, weather