Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2016, 08:50   #1

Boat: Endeavour 37
Dinghy Sling

Manufacturer's Comments: The Sling system is broadcast behind your boat and connected to cleats, railings or stanchions that already exist on your boat via specially designed loop straps. With the sling system now floating in the water, the dinghy is motored or rowed over the sling and connected via security straps so your boat stays in place during boarding / unloading. The dinghy is then adjusted to height on the swim platform or transom then pivoted up to an angle of your choice using high strength adjustable straps and buckles that keep your dinghy in position and secure.

The Dinghy Sling is not a cargo net you buy in a store! This sling is specifically designed to conform and hold your boat tightly. Sides of sling are padded and straps are stretch resistant and very strong so as to hold the weight of the boat safely and securely. This product will not sink like other marine sling products.

Once your Dinghy is secure it will resist moving or bouncing around even in rough seas.

My comments: This is basically a new item. It is strong and well made. I tried it on my boat, but couldn't lift the dinghy with the motor on it, so decided to invest in a set of heavy duty davits instead (much more expensive). However, it worked fine for me without the motor on the dinghy.

Original cost: $245. Sale Price: $150, plus shipping.

email: bozDOTsailingATgmailDOTcom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dinghy-sling.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	125940  
Old 11-06-2016, 09:39   #2

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50
Re: Dinghy Sling

I'm wondering... if I have my dinghy upside down on the foredeck, could I put this sling over the dinghy and use it to secure?
Old 11-06-2016, 10:24   #3

That would probably work fine, but aren't there simpler (cheaper) solutions just using a couple of spare lines? Your call.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 11-06-2016, 10:32   #4

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50

Yeah, it would be easier, but I like how that sling covers the entire underside of the dinghy. I'll do some more measuring on my deck and see how it would work. Do you have the dimensions by any chance of the netting?
Old 11-06-2016, 10:50   #5

It is 6 ft. wide and 7 ft. long.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

Tags
dinghy