Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 21:00   #1

Capable beginner looking to Apprentice a sailing Vessel

Im an obvious newbie to the site and the boating community, PLEASE HELP, Im looking to learn the craft and apprentice on a sailing vessel. Im fit, and have enough common sense to know when to speak and when to listen.

I am looking for an opportunity to learn. I am a healthy, motivated, non smoker, no criminal history, I have been self employed since 1999 until recently, and a volunteer emt.

Happy to listen to suggestions, especially if this is not the correct forum to post a message like this.
Old 12-07-2013, 15:46   #2

Boat: Amel Super Maramu 53
Re: Capable beginner looking to Apprentice a sailing Vessel

I would suggest you learn the ropes by stopping by your local yacht club. You will be very surprised how many boat owners are seeking crew.

You did not specify if you are seeking to take a trip to learn the ropes. If so, check out the crew wanted section of this forum. You may get someone who just needs a set of eyes for a watch.

If you are looking for some basic lessons. Like I said, stop by a yacht club and put something on their message board. Also, find out the race schedules. Never fails that racers will need dead weight or have crew not show at the last minute.

Good luck!

Welcome to the forum and we hope to see you get experience in the greatest pastime on earth.

Tags
sailing