Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-11-2013, 06:29   #1

Boat: Lagoon 450
45-50ft Cat end of 2014

Hi there.

I'm just putting this out there for anyone with a fully kitted out cruising cat that is looking to sell around the end of next year which is when we intend to start our 3-5 year journey.
The boat should be in the Northern Hemisphere, ideally the Caribbean but we're very flexible with the plan right now so the Med could also be a starting point. We've been researching boats for a few years and have a pretty good idea of what we like/don't like however being in Australia (Perth) the number of boats we've actually been able to see in the flesh in quite limited. We want something in the 43-50ft range no more than 5 years old, the Leopard 46 seems to tick most of the boxes as would an Orana or Helia (with all the bugs ironed out). The Lagoons and Catana's are not on our list for various reasons. Ideally the good ship would have the mod cons such as water maker, solar, wind, washing machine and generator. We're a family of 4 but would like extra bed space for visitors, the sofa's they put in the owners versions seems a waste of space and the 4 heads in the charter versions is also a bit over the top, hopefully someone has an elegant solution?
We're flexible on price but not gunboat flexible
Please feel free to PM me if it sounds like you have the boat for us, we could also buy earlier but Dec 2014 is the latest.

Thanks, Andy
Old 01-12-2013, 10:53   #2

Boat: F-P Eleuthera 60
Re: 45-50ft Cat end of 2014

Hi Andy. Maybe consider an older owners-version that did not charter.It will not be worn out and if well kept up, as good or better than the typical ex-charterboat that comes on the market after the approx. 5 years contract.
I write this because I have a 60 ft Fountaine-Pajot Maestro (single-handed set-up) for sale.
Just a thought.
Sunny greetings from Spain
Old 21-12-2013, 15:56   #3

Boat: BIG, FANCY 2,840'
Re: 45-50ft Cat end of 2014

I have an immaculate 2008 Leopard 46 with ALL the bells and whistles you mentioned plus much more (lithium batteries, Code Zero and asymetrical spinnaker with custom bow sprit, nice tender, dive compressor, all brand new 2013 electronics, dual electric primary winches, etc.). It's an owners version without that silly sofa in the hull (extra storage and workspace).

It may be available sometime in late 2014 but I won't know until then. Price would be in the 600k range. You can email me at indigocat.us@gmail.com Eric