Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2014, 17:01   #1

Boat: Pearson 365
43' Motor Yacht trade for Large Sailboat

I cant believe I'm actually writing this. We have owned our 1985 Hatteras 43 for over three years and loved every minute. I always wanted a sailboat but the Admiral was scared of sailing (heeling). We just got back from a couple month trip to the keys and did the Florida loop. When we were in Boot Key Harbor on the mooring for three weeks, we had friends that took us sailing. A 44 ft mono and a 34 ft Catamaran. My wife was impressed with the tranquility of sailing. Also staying on the hook for some time was nice too. Now its on the bigger waters like BVI and such. Over the last three years we have grown tired of the ICW and want to go deeper. Its going to be hard to give up all this comfort and room so we'll need to go at least 40'. The boat needs a wide beam and heavy like a Erwin or Island Packet. Our Hatteras has 3208 (300hp) Catts that burn only 3.5 gph at 7.5 kts. The last tank full was 3.0 gph but that was idling through Lauderdale, Miami area also the Keys. Fresh water 130, holding 90, and fuel about 400. There's about 13 boats on Yacht World listed right now between 79K and 179K. Hatteras built this model boat between 1985-1987. Condition is everything. I have lived on our Hatt all three years and its in top shape with on going repairs. It seems like I'm always cleaning or polishing something. I wanted to keep this as short as possible. So is there anyone that wants to make that move to a 43 MY with lots of room? Send me a private message and I'll give you my Ph number and we can talk. Thanks
Old 22-02-2014, 17:27   #2

Boat: Pearson 365
Re: 43' Motor Yacht trade for Large Sailboat

I just took some pics today and thought I would share them. I'm open to input
good or bad.

Flickr: magnawake's Photostream

Tags
motor, sail, sailboat, trade, yacht