Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2013, 20:33   #1

Boat: Irwin 30
Send a message via Skype™ to mrlee
26' Balboa w' trailer

I have a 26' Balboa that sits in Houston. I bought her to learn on and since I'm in Mexico with work, I am finding way too many issues to get her here. The trailer is in great shape as is the boat herself. Lotsa stuff...please email me for pix if serious...wil4_wong AT hot mail A great boat with plenty of ballast...
Old 21-10-2013, 10:32   #2

Boat: Custom, Ingrid ketch/cutter, 39.5 LOD
Re: 26' Balboa w' trailer

Is she the swing keel? I lived on one for five years, sail upto a month at a time in the open n Atlantic... Not the most comfortable boat at sea, but she sure can take a beating... Got completely rolled over twice in one night after loosing my main to Ophelia, big waves exploding under her, she just toppled, too small to light, but she came back up so fast my stomach felt like I was on a roller coaster! Only damage was my own fault, unsecured spare batteries, and an a/c unit not secured stove in her hatch pretty bad and broke that beautiful world map dinette. Lin Pardey designed that interior, and Lyle C Hess drew her lines. Surprisingly capable boat, I circumnavigated the Great Lakes in her one and a bit times (skipped l. Michigan the second trip) crossed the gulf of st. Lawrence many times, tried for the Azores no passport wasn't allowed to land but they gave me some supplies which was nice .. Sailed her up the lab coast as far as okak bay... Her final trip was to my old home, resolute bay, nu. We were following the admunsun ice breaker up but she broke down in st anthonies, we got some heavy gale damage, and shipwreck back down to stevenville, nf , lil port Harmon.... She sat in the water for two years, then I sold her and still fetched a decent price! Other than the discomfort, she was a really surprising little boat. But I don't recommend such things of course...
Old 21-10-2013, 12:12   #3

WOW!! That's quite a bit of heavy sailing for a smaller vessel...Yes, she's a swing keel. I thought that would be perfect down here (Mex.) as there are many small tributaries etc. to explore. I especially liked the 2 ft. draft with board up.
She's in great shape and only needs some TLC and paint...There r 2 motors and she's pretty ready to go. If you'd like, email me and I can send you the pix I have. I can also give you a ph.# for the captain in Houston who went to get her...
Great tales my friend...I love that stuff...
Catch ya on email. Take care and God Bless.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:50   #4

Greetings very odd that the price is not listed for for sale items???
So how much?? Mike
Old 12-11-2013, 08:16   #5

Hi, give me $3500 and she's yours...2 outboards, 2 compasses, everything that's there is yours. Email me and I'll send you the pix I have. All she needs is paint above the waterline...The last jerk let her rub on the dock on the starboard side...She's clean enough to sleep in right now! I also have a great email a guy sent me and his adventures with one a Balboa 26...I thought he was a little crazy, but to each his own!!
Thanks!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:17   #6

Tried to add pix...no go...I am not too savy with this contraption!!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:36   #7

Thank for reply Pics would be great imgraf2@ gmail.com sea stories are just that and yet it's the sailor that accomplishes the voyage for boat is As competent vessel as any Cheers Mic
what kind of motors brand/year?
Old 12-11-2013, 19:44   #8

tryin to ad pix

Tags
balboa