Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2021, 18:01   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36
Heads and on board sanitation

Hi

I have a 2007 Mahe 36 in New Zaland, It's fitted with a Jabsco manual toilet and the original 45 lr holding tank. I have trouble draining the header tank and I think it is severely encrusted with gunk around the outlet. But anyway, I am looking at installing an on board sanitation system like the Raritan Electrosan.

Has anybody done a retrofit like this on a Mahe? Are there any alternatives to the Raritan (which is fairly expensive)? And if anyone has done this, did you keep the old FP holding tank?

Thanks.
Kiwicrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2021, 16:52   #2

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Heads and on board sanitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwicrew View Post
Hi

I have a 2007 Mahe 36 in New Zaland, It's fitted with a Jabsco manual toilet and the original 45 lr holding tank. I have trouble draining the header tank and I think it is severely encrusted with gunk around the outlet. But anyway, I am looking at installing an on board sanitation system like the Raritan Electrosan.

Has anybody done a retrofit like this on a Mahe? Are there any alternatives to the Raritan (which is fairly expensive)? And if anyone has done this, did you keep the old FP holding tank?

Thanks.
Yes keep old holding tank. Suggest to keep things simple and keep the manual jabsco as it’s the best in the Long run. The simple the less breaks in the toilet and it will break.
You could switch to flush with sweet/tank water if you have a watermaker or often dock.
Thought that’s a waste but I have it now on my new catamaran in the owner hull. And to direct compare in the guest hull a seawater one which is Manual jabsco converted to electro. Much more gunk and smell in the seawater one. I have to admit it makes a big difference and I will change that guest hull one soon too to tank water and upgrade the watermaker with a 2nd membrane to compensate for the extra water usage.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2021, 17:17   #3

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36
Re: Heads and on board sanitation

Thanks Captain Rivet.

Is it an Electrosan that you have for the treatment end of the system? And if so, are you happy with it's achievements?
Kiwicrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
head