Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2018, 05:46   #196

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41
Re: Astrea 42: Owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAE View Post
Hi All,
Hey you won't believe we have just completed a 90 NM sail ha ha after every -one at the boat show did a sea trial [ have 1 left t do next week ] and then she is mine to head to the Whitsundays.
Lee & Brian know you are far more into the tech side than me....the Garmin kit is just magic simple precise.
For Charter go davits cost simplicty. The air con is magic....few problems here with gas/propane compliance..... ok so lets get to the sailing & boat handling .

My partner," nervous Nellie" have just sailed 90 NM...no Auto at 25kt AWs on all pos, then she anchored gusting 29 kts....have to say having no bow roller tricky...charterers may get careless....then had a small celebration. At times did appreciate the Volvo upgrades....sea worthiness is great. Anchorage & docking brilliant. Some complaints on finishes but hey expected on #2 hull and being rectified....any questions?
Glad to hear you had a successful run, and that the Garmin gear (or kit in your area!) worked well. I'd definitely rather avoid Raymarine if I can. My own "nervous Nellie" will be pleased to hear that the sea worthiness is great!

Thx for the update!

~Lee
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 09:39   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKC View Post
NEWS FROM FP - I've heard a rumor they will announce a new FP 45 in the next couple of months...Annapolis??

https://www.catamarans-fountaine-paj...amaran-new-45/
JanPieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 00:05   #198
MAE

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42

Hi Brian, Ihave asked here about the block system for the davits....no solution except to have the potential wear noted with your charter company and get them to lengthen/ shorten the line on a regular basis . Sorry but don't shoot the Messenger.
Thought the 45 dare I say it reminded me of another manufacturer LOL.
Currently working thru minor problems but had the code 0 out in 6 kts TWS resulting in 4.5 -5 Kts on a beam reach. The amazing thing for me is the change in sounds....no wind just the Astrea moving thru the ocean magic!
Interesting views on the central shower cubicle I could easily be pursuaded on either. Not long to go for you cheers alan
MAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 07:05   #199
BKC

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Astrea 42

Hi Alan

Great to hear you are having fun. That's quite the performance on the Code 0.

The central shower saga ends: I've now had pictures from Cannes Show. The 'few millimeters' gap turns out to be still several inches of gap above & below the doors and walls effectively creating an airport bathroom stall. FAIL! We are going with the solid wall creating the full shower in aft head and smaller wet head in forward. Same space, but what a waste of time chasing FP on this.

Alan, on the Davits, I am less concerned about line wear than wear on the block itself if its mounted horizontally. I'm just assuming we'll have to put this right after it leaves the factory. You went with the hydraulic platform, right?

Do shout if you notice anything that needs addressing so we can add it to the check list. I'm guessing we are about 4 weeks from handing over the balance of the cash!
Old 16-09-2018, 07:11   #200
BKC

'A few mills, within normal tolerances'...Yeah, right@!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	356.5 KB
ID:	177448   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	177449  

BKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 07:39   #201

Quote:
'A few mills, within normal tolerances'...Yeah, right@!

It is hull #1 in Cannes, so no difference with the first pictures of course...
JanPieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 04:51   #202

Hey Alan,

I saw a test run on a A42 in the harbor on YouTube; is that yours? Nice video, with lots of shots of a lovely lady who was obviously having a great time!

Regards,
Lee
Old 17-09-2018, 05:17   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeV View Post
Hey Alan,

I saw a test run on a A42 in the harbor on YouTube; is that yours? Nice video, with lots of shots of a lovely lady who was obviously having a great time!

Regards,
Lee
Oops; I meant to include the link!

Old 19-09-2018, 16:40   #204

Boat: Fountaine-Pajot Astréa 42

Hi everyone,

I plan to attend the United States Sailboat Show in Annapolis, MD, where FP is expected to showcase the Astréa 42. I will be there on Thursday, Oct. 4th. Would be great to meet other current or future owners.

Christophe
Hull #15, Ex factory Dec. 2018
chlemaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 19:15   #205
MAE

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42

Hi Lee,
LOL the lady is MHS sales and just ordered the 45 a great sailor and brought the boat to Mooloolaba. Yes that is Harmonie has the clears on now whilst fixing minor problems now heading North next week cheers Mate
MAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 05:14   #206

Quote:
Hi Lee,
LOL the lady is MHS sales and just ordered the 45 a great sailor and brought the boat to Mooloolaba. Yes that is Harmonie has the clears on now whilst fixing minor problems now heading North next week cheers Mate
That's awesome! If for no other reason, her sheer enjoyment sells the boat! ;-)

Have fun for us all. We're in the midst of the sale of our tri, and looking forward to seeing the 42 at Annapolis. Will be thinking of you out there!

Best regards,
Lee
Old 21-09-2018, 20:07   #207

Boat: FP Elba 45

Quote:
Hi Brian, Ihave asked here about the block system for the davits....no solution except to have the potential wear noted with your charter company and get them to lengthen/ shorten the line on a regular basis . Sorry but don't shoot the Messenger.
Thought the 45 dare I say it reminded me of another manufacturer LOL.
Currently working thru minor problems but had the code 0 out in 6 kts TWS resulting in 4.5 -5 Kts on a beam reach. The amazing thing for me is the change in sounds....no wind just the Astrea moving thru the ocean magic!
Interesting views on the central shower cubicle I could easily be pursuaded on either. Not long to go for you cheers alan
Following this thread with interest, what is the problem with the davits? and the shower I don't quite understand is it a poor fit allowing water out? What is the fuel tank arrangment on the FP42 is it one tank like the new FP45 or two, and where are they fitted?
thanks in advance. Also what if any teething problems have you experienced. I did see your FP42 at Sydney very attractive craft well done.
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 12:51   #208
BKC

Hi Christophe: Was hoping to get to Annapolis but will be in Germany for work all week. Lots of pics please! Specifically, if fitted (but, beware, the French Secret Service may be trying to prevent pictures given how close guarded these are :-) )

1) Dare I ask...the Davits - specifically the block set up.
2) Propane oven set up - only seen pics of the hybrid convention/microwave so far with no cabinet above.
3) Central shower :-)

Have fun and sorry to have missed it. I'm chasing an ex-factory date on hull #11. More when I know.
Old 25-09-2018, 15:09   #209

Quote:
Hi Christophe: Was hoping to get to Annapolis but will be in Germany for work all week. Lots of pics please! Specifically, if fitted (but, beware, the French Secret Service may be trying to prevent pictures given how close guarded these are :-) )

2) Propane oven set up - only seen pics of the hybrid convention/microwave so far with no cabinet above.

Have fun and sorry to have missed it. I'm chasing an ex-factory date on hull #11. More when I know.
I’m sure between those of us going (I’m going and getting a tour) we’ll get lots of pics for the group! I’ll try to cover the ones you asked for as a backup.
Old 25-09-2018, 15:16   #210

Boat: Fountaine-Pajot Astréa 42

Quote:

Hi Brian,
Yes, I plan to take lots of pictures (not to worry, I will claim in my best native French to be a covert agent :-)) and will report on my findings. I don't know what hull # will be showcased so not sure what to expect. I would be surprised if the central shower stall featured any improvement, though.
chlemaire is offline   Reply With Quote