Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2021, 08:35   #1

Boat: 49ft custom power catamaran
wifi connection issue

Headed down the coast from Portland OR with 3 raspi 4 units all with the ability to run Opencpn. One by one each unit has stopped connecting to my boat router. They will all 3 connect to other routers; and my laptops, phone, and TV will all connect to my boat router. Any thought on how to recover? Tried raspi-config, and editing the /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file without success.
wefleenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:16   #2

Boat: Amel Sharki
Re: wifi connection issue

Why not ask the raspi community?
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 15:31   #3

Boat: 49ft custom power catamaran

Yes, I did ask the raspi community with no solution but no one else seems to have had a similar experience and several suggestions that OpenCPN is the only common denominator. The 3 units stopped on 3 different days. The first one 4-days ago and the 3rd one just this morning. I have hard-wired 2 of them to the router with a switch I had, the 3rd has the eth0 port tied up with the radar.
wefleenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 17:38   #4

Boat: Phantom 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wefleenor View Post
Yes, I did ask the raspi community with no solution but no one else seems to have had a similar experience and several suggestions that OpenCPN is the only common denominator. The 3 units stopped on 3 different days. The first one 4-days ago and the 3rd one just this morning. I have hard-wired 2 of them to the router with a switch I had, the 3rd has the eth0 port tied up with the radar.
OpenCPN is an unprivileged process running in userspace, it really has nothing to do with a system able or not to connect to a wi-fi network. You need to check your system logfiles (syslog and dmesg to start with) and if nothing is there debug the connection process. There can be so many different problems and you provide so little information that it is virtually impossible to suggest anything in particular.
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi