Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-06-2022, 04:50   #1

Using OpenCPN with OpenSeaMaps Kap maps

Hi,

I am setting up OpenCPN with the maps from OpenSeaMaps. The Kap maps are divided by region into different bundles which come in ziped up files. When you extract these they extract to a region specific directory. When you extract several of these, say north Sea, and Baltic you get two directories which you then need to import 2 directories in the charts set up of OpenCPN. As I will have a number of these I am wondering if its better to pool all the Kap charts into one directory or leave them in sepperate which is a pain as I plan to have many charts extracted once and copied thereafter to several devices each of which will need to import in the charts dialogue a number of charts.

best
rbannocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2022, 08:04   #2

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: Using OpenCPN with OpenSeaMaps Kap maps

First of all reconsider if OpenSeaMap products are worth investing any energy into.
If you even then think the answer is yes, OpenCPN does not care whether you place 1000 KAP files in a single directory or 100 in 10 different directories.
On the other hand I do not understand what difference should it make in copying whether you copy a single directory with only files or a single directory with files and subdirectories, both are exactly one operation where I live.
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn