Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2024, 07:18   #1

Problems with 5.8.4 I need help with

I am running OpenCPN 5.8.4 and reinstalled last weekend on Windows 11 laptop with touchscreen (if that is an issue). I have a few glitches I cannot seem to fix on my own or find answers in the forum.

1. Every time I load OpenCPN the full vertical toolbar loads in the middle of the screen and I have to drag it over to left where i want it. It does not move smoothly...I have to drag it over, it stops, I pick it up and drag it some more till it is there.

2. In the Plug-ins...the plug in list of items I have not yet loaded for use only show as a locked chest with no description line. I have to click on them one at a time to see what is unlocked....is that the normal process? If I chose to load the plug-in box then it will load and show up normally.

EDIT: Now I cannot get the toolbar to move from center of screen at all. I have toggled touchscreen in Settings on and off with same problem

Thank you,
EDENROSE
EdenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2024, 06:47   #2

Re: Problems with 5.8.4 I need help with

Here is my opening screen every time. I move to the side and close program and next launch it is back in the middle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toolbar.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	286914  
Old 27-02-2024, 06:50   #3

My .ini file shows this line:

GlobalToolbarConfig=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 27-02-2024, 07:39   #4

I turned off INLAND ECDIS mode and that seems to have fixed it for now. The TOOLBAR is staying put on the left.