Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-04-2020, 20:59   #1

Boat: CHB Tri-Cab 35ft
Personal help for OpenCPN?

Hi,
I'm a new user to OpenCPN, but used SeaClear before I went with Coastal Explorer. I'm extremely pleased with Coastal Explorer, and especially with their technical support by phone, but want to overlay radar and their only option is a high end...expensive...unit.

I'm not a neophyte with these machines but occasionally don't have the time to search "forever" for an answer that others know at the drop of a hat. The manual seems to really be first class, but at over 1000 pages, forever may come before I find an answer by myself. And, while this forum might have answers, you also may have to use exacting terms to find it.

Are there people who can help via phone, and perhaps with some "connect to your screen" software? I do not expect free support, and it would not have to be "immediate."

I do not have a question at this time...but can easily anticipate that I may well need "real" help.

Thanks,

Armand
armand.seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2020, 23:13   #2
cruiser

Boat: Ebbtide 33' steel cutter
Re: Personal help for OpenCPN?

You could use this thread? Then others might benefit reading along the way, there are lots of tips and tricks you might not come across without spending more time in the manual than many do. Ask away
conachair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn