Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-01-2021, 18:16   #1

Boat: Shannon 50 Ketch
Issues Compiling OpenCPN on Mac

I had some difficulty getting openCPN to build on my Mac. Using the notes here (https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...piling_mac_osx) I ran into difficulty right away building wsWidgets.

Based on the notes in the above link, I used Xcode 11.0 and wsWidgets 3.12.

-- wswidgets 3.12 has a bug in the configure/configure.in files which causes build to fail with undefined symbols for ZSTD, under OSx. The wsWidgets team has made a change in versions after 3.12 to modify when the check is made to add the no --disable-zstd flag -- I had to make the same changes to my local configure/configure.in to get it to build. This link contains the information about this issue and has a link to a commit with the required changes (https://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/18791).

-- the instructions show the configure step with the without-subdirs switch, but with only one single dash. SO, I saw this and added the second dash because a single dash does nothing - ultimately, I realized that including without-subdirs correctly (with 2 dashes) causes the build to fail, my research revealed that we dont want the without-subdirs switch.

After this was resolved, I was able to successfully build openCPN, which seemed to run correctly.

FYI: my goal - my hope - is to add support for Furuno NXT to the Radar PI plugin. I have not even started that effort, but, I wanted to share my experience getting the app built and hopefully make it easier for the next guy.

Thanks,
Jordan.
jordanbigel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn