Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 07:58   #856

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: Feature Requests

Currently not without changing the source code and recompiling, add a request for such a config option in OpenCPN::Tracker Dashboard - plugin: Tasklist

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:37   #857

Boat: (Ex) Alu. 60' yacht-"Eight Bells"
Send a message via Skype™ to sinbad7

Dan..
There is an annoying problem with the toolbar if it is accidentally moved to the right,hiding the 'control handle'. The only way out is to re-set OpenCPN. Could you not place a 'control handle' at BOTH ends or even better,make the entire toolbar background into an active 'contrl handle'?

Tore
Old 01-06-2011, 10:49   #858

Boat: Jeanneau Sunshine 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad7 View Post
Dan..
There is an annoying problem with the toolbar if it is accidentally moved to the right,hiding the 'control handle'. The only way out is to re-set OpenCPN. Could you not place a 'control handle' at BOTH ends or even better,make the entire toolbar background into an active 'contrl handle'?

Tore
Sinbad / Tore, are you using the newest beta version (523) where it has been corrected ?
sailorF54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:16   #859

sailorF54..
Yes,I'm using latest v. 523 on Vista. The problem just happened again when I was using the GE Plugin which seemed to push the toolbar right 'handle' outside the right screen edge. Again I had to re-set OpenCPN to regain control. Try doing it manually and you will not get it back.

Tore
Old 01-06-2011, 12:08   #860

Boat: Jeanneau Sunshine 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad7 View Post
sailorF54..
Yes,I'm using latest v. 523 on Vista. The problem just happened again when I was using the GE Plugin which seemed to push the toolbar right 'handle' outside the right screen edge. Again I had to re-set OpenCPN to regain control. Try doing it manually and you will not get it back.

Tore
Also Vista
I've been unable to achieve any interaction between the GE window and the toolbar.
In beta 523, I can't push the handle of the toobar beyond the edge of the screen..
sailorF54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:51   #861

sailorF54..

I also can not find any specific way to make it happen,but it has happened several times.
I have a similar proplem with a full screen GE plugin which has been parked too far to the left when it becomes impossible to pull it out again,even switching GE off/on..
I'll send you a screendump the next time it happens.

Tore
Old 03-06-2011, 10:58   #862

Hi,

It is possible to extend functionality of OpenCPN with "PC Radar interface" like is in (seaPro standard/plus/pro) [http://www.euronav.co.uk/Products/Le...PCRadar.html]?

Pawel
kubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:25   #863

Cursor Position, Bearing, and Range Instrument for Dashboard

An instrument for the Dashboard Plugin that showed the position of the cursor and its range and bearing to the boat would be very helpful.

The text in the status bar on my netbook is virtually unreadable.

Thanks,

Coleman.
cblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 18:51   #864

Location: Currently cruising the Philippines, just got back from PNG & Solomons
Boat: Wauquiez 45' (now 48') catamaran
Send a message via Skype™ to Jon Hacking
Re: Cursor Position, Bearing, and Range Instrument for Dashboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblake View Post
...The text in the status bar on my netbook is virtually unreadable...
IMHO, this is a borderline bug. These numbers at the bottom show up OK on my Dell Inspiron netbook (1024x600 display, Win7 Ultimate) but the bottoms of the digits are cut off badly on my main navigation laptop, a Dell Vostro 1710 (1920x1200 display, Win7 Pro). It would be nice if that bottom status bar were positioned to allow the full characters to display.

Thanks for the awesome job! We're spreadin' the word...
Old 05-06-2011, 18:53   #865

Boat: On the Hard

I dunno but on .523 that is only one handle on the task bar and that is on the right. Its activated by the right mouse button. Any chance you can code it to function like the old KDE taskbar that would slide to the left or right and leave a grab handle behind? This way you could have full screen views of only the maps.

Best regards and thanks

/ch
sailias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 10:41   #866

Boat: Between boats
Send a message via MSN to Hampus

I havn't read the 57 pages prior to this one so maybe this has been requested already.

What really makes or breaks a nav. software, IMHO is the route and measure functions. Open CPN seems lack the ability to measure multiple legs, you can only measure one at a time. Also I'd like to see the course and distance of each leg in a route while moving the pen around to place the waypoint. Now I have to close the route after every waypoint and manually move the waypoint to see the course and distance, then add a new waypoint and do it all over again.

Have a look at the Quick Route feature in PolarView Polar Navy - Marine Navigation Software

That's what I would like in Open CPN

/Thanks, Hampus
Old 13-06-2011, 11:49   #867

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

It would be nice to be able to draw lines of position from bearings and circles of position from distance off readings so that fixes can be made from visual, sextant and radar input rather than just GPS. If you wanted to get really technical a circle of position from the angular distance between 2 objects would be the height of cool. I understand these features aren't going to be in real high demand.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 15:36   #868

Boat: 29'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelie View Post
It would be nice to be able to draw lines of position from bearings and circles of position from distance off readings so that fixes can be made from visual, sextant and radar input rather than just GPS. If you wanted to get really technical a circle of position from the angular distance between 2 objects would be the height of cool. I understand these features aren't going to be in real high demand.
Hi,Adelie.There's a partial "workaround" to use if it's not a constant necessity.(in Windows not sure other OS)
Have you tried using the Route Pencil for this?Using the Escape key is the tip...To draw a bearing line,invoke Route Pencil, draw it out as long as you want at the bearing needed,left click,then tap Esc key on your keyboard.Invoke the Route pencil again and draw yet another bearing,click, and Esc again,etc.etc.You will subtract 180 degrees from the bearing of course depending but that's no big deal,eh?You will have all these little routes in The Routemanager dialogue where you can delete em or save em.
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 19:54   #869

Happy - I have been trying to figure out how to do that. Merci mucho

Jack
jackdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 10:33   #870

Boat: On the Hard

Would be very nice to make the toolbar disappear completely, with only a grab handle left visible. Then we would have full screen capability which is so important on high battery life netbooks, or someday, linux based tablets..

/ch
sailias is offline   Reply With Quote