Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 10:07   #1

Boat: Amel Super Maramu 2000 53'
ENC Text Problem using a VM machine

Hi,

for navigation I run OpenCPN in a VMWare virtual Windows 7 machine. I can also run OpenCPN on the host machine which is Windows 10, but other software which I wish to use whilst underway necessitates using Windows 7.

Both platforms use identical folders containing my CM93 charts. On the windows 10 machine I can toggle ENC text on and off. However, on the virtual machine I cannot.

The only difference between the two platforms is that when I select Options\Charts\Chart Files on the windows 7 virtual machine, there is a box in the bottom left corner labelled "Prepare all ENC Charts". Clicking on this button does not prepare the ENC text and so text cannot be displayed.

I cannot find anything on the VMWare site. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem please? I have of course tried rebuilding the database but nothing changes.

Aaarrhh!! I just solved it. I had 'Show Important Text Only' ticked. As there seems to be no important text in Cyprus, nothing was showing. Unticking this option restored the ENC text to normal. Same with the Windows 10 platform. I will leave this post up to help others with the solution. Sorry!
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc