Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-12-2013, 19:38   #1

Boat: Brent Swain Pilot House 36' Steel Sloop
64 bit tough book

I have a Panasonic tough book 64 bit and just downloaded CPM. Under tools I have Ports 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and garmin. My charts are loaded and show up but will not show my location (red boat icon) on the charts. I have tried every port listed when you go into that tools (wrench) icon and still my boat location will not show up. I have a gps usb connection (receiver looks like a small hockey puck and attaches (magnet) to my steel cabin top. CPM works fine in my old Vista machine but not my newer toughbook. In the old laptop the com port says 10. I do not have this show up in the tools menu in the panasonic machine but I just typed it in and still nothing. I have rebooted, re-started etc under all com ports listed and still nothing. Could it have something to do with device software. If so, where would I down load a usb gps device driver...

... thanks in advance
bcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 21:50   #2

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: 64 bit tough book

bcguy...
Good writing, but unfortunately very little information in it. Knowing which GPS it actually is would certainly help. From what you write it looks like you are running MS Windows, right? Which version? 64bit? Which OpenCPN version? Have a look in the device manager to find out which port your GPS is at, if any at all. It will most probably not be the same one as it was on the old machine. When you will find out which port the GPS occupies, set it in OpenCPN and have a look at the signal indicator - does it turn green? Does your logfile (read the installation chapter in the OpenCPN manual again) say something useful?

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 09:53   #3

Boat: Brent Swain Pilot House 36' Steel Sloop
Re: 64 bit tough book

Thanks NH. Somehow driver was deleted. Loaded new one...all is fine.

.... BG
bcguy is offline   Reply With Quote