Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Challenges
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2020, 18:01   #1

Boat: Century Raven 17'
Send a message via MSN to BugzyCan
FiveOceanStore - Baron USA

I ordered a Raymarine ST-2000 on ebay from a store in USA. I spent hours price shopping, and this place seemed to have the lowest price, so I hit the buy button, then realized it had the wrong address on it, so I cancelled it 5 minutes later. I know ebay likes to play games with the cancel option, so I did not re-order it right away with the correct address on it. I expected the cancel to take effect by the next day, and I could re-order it then.

Two days later, the seller cancelled my cancel request, then shipped it anyways.
It went to a mail drop across the border that is currently closed due to Covid19, and even if it was open, I could not retrieve it because the Border is closed.

I emailed the seller and they told me they ship things out within minutes of ordering, and my cancel was too late. I reminded them that it was 2 days later that they shipped it, so they changed their story to say they didn't get the cancellation until 4 days after the order, and it was too late.

Ebay should have covered this, but they have no interest in it, and Paypal has this month long dispute process, where they will most likely support the shipper, not the buyer since they make more money that way.

So beware of dealing with Five Ocean Store on ebay, also called Baron USA. They will get you if they can. Also note, that ebay has a guarantee, that if you do not receive your item, then will refund your money, but this is also false advertising.
BugzyCan is offline   Reply With Quote