Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2016, 11:42   #1

Boat: Moody 346
Simrad AP 30 wheelpilot

Just purchased a boat w/ Simrad wheelpilot that appears to work but no knowledge of this model and have not found any information online as to the operation. It seems to work too much when not necessary, is there a adjustment or is this the nature of the beast? The test was dead calm under engine power at 7 knots.
captd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 10:09   #2

Boat: Tartan 34c
Re: Simrad AP 30 wheelpilot

I din't know if you got your WP30 working or not. I have one in need of parts, so if you want to get rid of yours I would be interested.
Mine did work fine and I liked it a lot. Have ben looking for my manual with no luck but will let you know if I find it. Could photo and send.
Jim
jimjamonsela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 10:32   #3

Boat: Moody 346
Re: Simrad AP 30 wheelpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamonsela View Post
I din't know if you got your WP30 working or not. I have one in need of parts, so if you want to get rid of yours I would be interested.
Mine did work fine and I liked it a lot. Have ben looking for my manual with no luck but will let you know if I find it. Could photo and send.
Jim
Thanks, I found a manual online. Moved the boat from N.C. to Florida by ICW and used it the whole way. It works pretty well in calm and light chop not sure about bigger waves? I want to check condition of the drive belt before I give it a real test.
captd44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
simrad, wheel, Wheelpilot