I thought I would start a thread dedicated to the various streaming apps and services that are available to cruisers.
Here are my opinions of the services that we have tried out so far.
1. Netflix: the most content, the most robust app: never crashes, always remembers where you left off in mid-program, most importantly it will stream when others won’t albeit at lower resolution. Allows downloads to watch later
2. Hulu: decent level of content, more current
than Netflix, fairly robust once it decides it has enough bandwidth to stream. No downloads
3. BritBox: good content if you like BBC mysteries and comedies. Fairly robust, but wants more bandwidth than Netflix. No downloads
4. AcornTV: only useful if you like a specific show that only they carry. Fairly robust, but not as stable as Netflix, no downloads
5. Amazon Prime: free with Prime membership
, zero interesting content IMHO. Allows downloads
6. PBS: least robust app, good amount of content, no downloads
7. Starz: good content, fairly robust, allows downloads