Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2022, 05:39   #196
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Re: Raspberry Pi as Onboard Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti Mukkala View Post
Hey all! I've scoured the interwebs looking for information on how to display the output of a Sirius XM marine weather receiver as an overlay on OpenCPN. As far as I can tell, these receivers will only talk to industry standard MFDs.

Is that the sad truth?

I hope not. I bought a raspberry pi to build an onboard computer, gather all of my sensor data and eventually control my tiller pilot. The pi arrived yesterday, and is still in its original packaging... My intent is to use as many of my old sensors as possible and replace them as necessary.

I'm hoping one of you marvelous gurus out there has already figured out this Sirius XM display! The pi setup seems to be pretty straightforward, but I'm failing to find any kind of technical information on the output of the Sirius XM receiver or how to display it, even if I could figure out what sort of signal it was...

If this is possible, I think it would be pretty cool and potentially a big help to a great many people. I would love to make a detailed YouTube video on how this all goes together if I can, with your help, figure this all out!

Write sone code to scrape “ windy .com “ ?