Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2023, 14:49   #1

Marine Electronics Technician

Hey everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am hoping to be able to get a boat and live on it and sail full time starting as soon as possible. My professional background includes military training on electronics, and doing upgrades on avionics systems on business and private jets.
That looked like opening up the panels and getting access. Reading wiring diagrams to determine the proper type/size of wire to use and getting lengths to make the bundles for the new upgraded systems , troubleshooting faulty electronics systems on board the aircraft and things like home appliances, installing new antennas and other system components, building the wire bundles into terminated connectors to plug into the spot they live, I have also designed wire diagrams by reverse engineering / using photos / reading system flow charts to determine what exactly needs to be done and then building an appropriate layout for the application ( separation assembly that separates a satellite from the launch vehicle ).

With a background like this is there much opportunity to find side work in marinas or help out people who have lost function of their systems while at sea?

Just hoping to be able to provide for the community in some way and looking for some opportunities and get my feet wet on the upcoming adventures.

Thanks
Thatjuiceguyy91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electronics, marine